You have a passion for helping guests of all ages and abilities have the best possible resort experience. You also understand how to use your enthusiasm and knowledge to convert them into repeat guests.
As a Rental Associate, you create a safe, fun, non-intimidating experience for every Baldy Mountain Resort guest requiring rental equipment. You achieve this through your positive attitude, strong communication and ability to establish a relationship with our guests, while providing an exceptional level of product knowledge.
As a Rental Associate, you will be reporting to the Rental Supervisor.
- Assist the Rental Supervisor in maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service.
- Demonstrate proper rental equipment waiver delivery.
- Ensure all rental equipment distributed and returned is visually inspected.
- Ensure equipment requiring inspection and repair are documented and Rental Supervisor is informed of any equipment involved in an accident.
- Assist in inventory control through rental delivery protocol.
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products.
- Complete online binding certifications and provide Rental Supervisor with certificate of completion.
- If appropriate and according to experience, provide equipment maintenance.
- Protect company assets through inventory management and loss prevention techniques.
- Promote a rewarding environment in which to work, generate a team atmosphere.
- Act as an ambassador for the Rental Facilities and Baldy Mountain Resort.
- Demonstrate a safe work practice at all times by adhering to all Resort safety policy and procedures and ensuring one’s own safety is preserved along with the safety of co-workers, direct reports and Resort guests.
- Be mindful of all safety hazards/concerns within the work environment and ensure all safety issues are reported to the appropriate individuals.
- Review all OH & S notices/meeting minutes as they are distributed or posted on OH & S boards located within all departments.
- Ensure safety orientation is completed with all new or returning employees covering all the required safety hazards and specific safety training for specific areas.
- Minimum of 1 years experience in rental facility an asset.
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the industry.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Organization, multi tasking and prioritizing skills are essential.
- Strong decision making skills are essential.
- Good understanding of Ski/Snowboard industry is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Seasonal, winter position.
- Dynamic working environment.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 20lb occasionally.
- Be prepared to work in all weather conditions.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Some heavy lifting, including bending and reaching.
- Manual dexterity.