Scope of Position:
As the Rental Supervisor, you are responsible for providing students and guests with a premium experience through the efficient and safe maintenance of our rental fleet. You will also assist the Manager, Guest Experience in managing, scheduling and delivering training to Rental Associates.
- Assist the Manager, Guest Experience in maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service.
- Provide resources so that employees are properly trained on product knowledge, guest service, and sales generation.
- As per Rental Delivery Protocol, ensure all Rental Associates familiar with and practice appropriate waiver delivery.
- Ensure all rental equipment distributed and returned are visually inspected.
- Ensure equipment requiring inspection and repair are documented and Manager, Guest Experience is informed of any equipment involved in an accident.
- Assist the Manager, Guest Experience in scheduling and monitoring duties of Rental Associates.
- Manage inventory control through rental delivery protocol.
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products.
- Complete online binding certifications and provide Manager, Guest Experience with certificate of completion. Ensure all Rental Associates complete same.
- Protect company assets through inventory management and loss prevention techniques.
- Create a rewarding environment in which to work, generate a team atmosphere.
- When appropriate delegate ride breaks.
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards.
- Act as an ambassador for the Rental Facilities and Baldy Mountain Resort.
- Demonstrate a safe work practice at all times by adhering to all Resort safety policy and procedures and ensuring one’s own safety is preserved along with the safety of co-workers, direct reports and Resort guests.
- Be mindful of all safety hazards/concerns within the work environment and ensure all safety issues are reported to the appropriate individuals.
- Review all OH & S notices/meeting minutes as they are distributed or posted on OH & S boards located within all departments.
- Ensure safety orientation is completed with all new or returning employees covering all the required safety hazards and specific safety training for specific areas.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in rental facility.
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the industry.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Organization, multi tasking and prioritizing skills are essential.
- Demonstrate and apply leadership skills and excellent guest service.
- Previous conflict resolution experience is an asset.
- Strong decision making skills are essential.
- Good understanding of Ski/Snowboard industry is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Seasonal, winter position.
- Dynamic working environment.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 20lb occasionally.
- Be prepared to work in all weather conditions.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Some heavy lifting, including bending and reaching.
- Manual dexterity and computer use.