Our guests feel more knowledgeable and confident about skiing or snowboarding after their interaction with you. You provide leadership to the Rental/Repair team, and assist guests with selecting the best ski or snowboard equipment and provide insider tips for the best trails on the mountain. You take pride in providing our guests with the best vacation and recreation experience possible.
· Train, supervise and motivate staff to ensure high levels of efficiency and guest service.
· Assist guests with sizing and fitting of appropriate ski/snowboard equipment while maximizing comfort and safety.
· Ensure guest safety by completing waivers for all rentals and describing safe use of rental equipment.
· Provide a consistent friendly and approachable demeanor for guests.
· Handle cash; including cash balancing, coin orders, opening and closing duties.
· Clean equipment and maintain tidiness and organization of the store.
· Sell retail products in store (clothing, outdoor gear and other items).
· Assist with administrative functions, including but not limited to updating staff manuals & procedures, inventory management and reporting.
· Communicate frequently with the Rental/Repair Manager to discuss planning, budgeting, sales promotions and advertising campaigns.
· Act as a “Resort Ambassador” to guests by being familiar with various resort products and services.
· Comply with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Have proven leadership skills, with a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
· Possess a post-secondary education in business management (or similar) or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
· Have extensive experience in a customer service role – preferably a rental or retail establishment.
· Are proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Point of Sale software.
· Have cash handling experience.
· Are passionate about skiing and/or snowboarding – technical knowledge is a bonus.
· Are able to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays with varying hours, depending on factors such as weather and visitation levels.
· Are able to withstand brief periods of exposure to extreme weather conditions on resort (cold, wind, snow, altitude), and can lift at least 20 pounds.
· A staff season’s pass for the resort and local mountains.
· Discounts on food, retail and hotels.
· Pro deals.
· Staff events – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Please apply with your resume.
We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship may be considered for seasonal roles.
Application Video: We like to meet all of our candidates in person, but understand that this is difficult for non-locals. We would love to see a brief (≥60 seconds), creative video outlining your thoughts and experience with safety, teamwork, and guest experience. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, with the link to your video included in your resume or cover letter. Please note that video applications are not mandatory, but will help you stand out amongst the thousands of resumes we receive annually!