By joining RCR, you will become part of a passionate and dedicated team that works together to provide our guests with the best vacation and recreation experience possible.
Detailed Job Description
Our guests feel more knowledgeable and confident about skiing or snowboarding after their interaction with you. You assist them with selecting the best equipment and providing insider tips for the best runs on the mountain. You take pride in providing our guests with the best vacation and recreation experience possible.
We are looking to fill one part-time and one full-time position.
- Assist guests with sizing and fitting of appropriate ski/snowboard equipment while maximizing comfort and safety.
- Ensure guest safety by completing waivers for all rentals and describing safe use of rental equipment.
- Provide a consistent friendly and approachable demeanor for customers.
- Handle cash; including cash balancing, coin orders, opening and closing duties.
- Clean equipment after use and maintain tidiness and organization of the store.
- Sell retail products in store (clothing, goggles, etc.).
- Work flexible shifts with varying hours, depending on factors such as weather and visitation levels.
- Have experience in a customer service role – preferably a rental or retail establishment.
- Have previous sales experience and use of Point Of Sale (POS) applications.
- Have cash handling experience.
- Are passionate about skiing or snowboarding – technical knowledge is a bonus.
- Must be able to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Are able to withstand brief periods of exposure to extreme weather conditions on resort (cold, wind, snow, altitude), and can lift at least 30 pounds.
- A staff season’s pass for the resort and local mountains.
- A competitive wage with seasonal accident insurance.
- Staff events – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Please apply with your resume.
We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship may be considered for seasonal roles.
Application Video: We like to meet all of our candidates in person, but understand that this is difficult for non-locals. We would love to see a brief (≥60 seconds), creative video outlining your thoughts and experience with safety, teamwork, and guest experience. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, with the link to your video included in your resume or cover letter. Please note that video applications are not mandatory, but will help you stand out amongst the thousands of resumes we receive annually!