Reservations Agent (Summer)
Location: Mt. Washington Alpine Resort
Employment Type: Seasonal Hourly Part-time
Reports To: Reservations Manager
Reservations Agents provide exceptional guest service while being the first point of contact between our guests and all the summer activities Mount Washington has to offer. Duties include creating bookings for bike lessons, rentals, summer programs, and the ZipTour using a computerized registration program, answering phone and email inquiries accurately and efficiently, and providing in-person assistance to guests as needed.
Reservations Agents must be enthusiastic, have high attention to detail, demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as quickly develop an in-depth knowledge of the resort and its products.
We offer great benefits! Season’s pass, retail discounts and more. Please see our website for more information: https://hr.mountwashington.ca/
- Answer guest inquires accurately, professionally, and politely over the phone, in person, and via email.
- Take bookings for the Bike Park and ZipTour, making sure to sell the best combination of products to suit each guest’s needs.
- Sell tickets to summer activities, such as scenic chairlift tickets and disk golf.
- Check-in guests on the day of their booking, including printing required waivers and paperwork, loading lift tickets, and providing directions to further activities.
- Operate assigned point-of-sale system and perform daily cash procedures with accuracy.
- Accept payment for all reservations, ensuring confidentiality.
- Up-sell products by informing guests of enhancements available for their booking.
- Liaise with ZipTour team to ensure tours are booked with appropriate guides.
- Liaise with Bike Park team to coordinate lessons with available instructors.
- Complete daily tasks such as filing, cleaning, stocking, and sanitizing.
- Operate from the Call Centre and at in-person tills such as in the ZipTour area.
- Have a thorough understanding of summer activities at Mount Washington and maintain a general knowledge of the resort (e.g., business hours, food and dining, hiking trails.)
- Ensure the safety and security of the workplace by adhering to set safety rules and regulations.
- Complete other tasks and support other teams as directed.
- Read, understand, and follow all employment policies and procedures.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be an approachable, dependable, responsible team player who is:
- Self-motivated and quick to learn.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently.
- Comfortable operating computers and peripheral devices.
- Physically able to sit and stand for the duration of a shift as well as able to grasp, type, write, lift, listen, read, and perform repetitive motions.
Guest Service experience is an asset.