Why join us?
We work and play in Canada’s most beautiful playground, Banff National Park, and you can too. Sunshine Village is the premier ski resort in Western Canada. If you want to be part of making our guests’ ski experience unforgettable and think a winter season skiing and riding on the best powder in the Rockies would be great too, then read on for more information...
- FREE - Your staff pass is your ticket to ride Sunshine!
- Ski & Ride – Free days & discounts at resorts across Canada
- Staff Events – Staff parties, BBQs, spring night skiing, dog sledding, ice climbing & more
- Career – Recognition programs & Career development opportunities
- Wellness – discounted fitness passes, yoga, onsite support & professional support
- Onsite discounts – Food & beverage, retail, & hotel stays
- Exclusive deals – Brand-named gear & local businesses
- And much, much more!
What can you expect?
The Resort Services Supervisor provides an outstanding experience at Sunshine Village by overseeing custodial services primarily at the base area, and throughout the Resort. The Supervisor is focused on cleanliness and organization, overseeing a team of attendants, and ensuring a top quality work product at all times. The Resort Services Supervisor reports to the Human Resources Manager and works alongside many departments, partnering closely with food and beverage teams on consistent standards of cleanliness across guest and team member areas.
This job might be right for you if you think you would really enjoy:
- Development of and adherence to custodial processes and procedures to ensure guests have a great first and last impression and are appreciative of the product they receive each time they visit the Ski Area and facilities.
- Adhering to the highest standards of health and safety on the job, when working in high-traffic areas, with chemicals, cleaning products, and tools and equipment.
- Understanding the importance of the custodial team’s work to the overall success of the Resort, motivating their team through busy periods and challenging tasks. Constant monitoring of areas of responsibility and taking a hands-on approach, ensuring washrooms, stairwells, seating and common areas are routinely free of trash, tidy and clean.
- Maintaining positive working relationships with all stakeholders (guests, other departments, external providers).
- Assisting with guest feedback, supporting Human Resources and Sunshine Village management on finding solutions.
Administrative and Reporting Responsibilities:
- Appropriate scheduling of the custodial team aligned with the Resort’s anticipated visitor flow.
- Development and continuous review of processes and procedures referenced above.
- Training and coaching the custodial team, undertaking performance reviews, managing workloads.
- Completing quality assurance audits and spot checks of the custodial team’s work.
- Responsible for maintenance and inventory of department supplies.
- Preparing budgets and monitoring department expenses.
- Other duties may be requested and assigned from time to time
And you have:
- Previous custodial and leadership experience (2+ years) preferred.
- Proven track record of custodial excellence.
- Proven passion for all things custodial, with excellent attention to detail and safety.
- Administrative experience, including inventory ordering and stock control.
- Positive, social and friendly attitude.
- Prepared to work flexible schedules (weekends, holidays).
- Prepared to work indoors and also outdoors in all weather conditions (appropriate footwear, layers, etc.)
- Calm under pressure and patient.
- Maintain professional conduct when in uniform on or off-duty.
- Effectively and professionally liaise and communicate with others.
- Must be neat, punctual and dependable.
- Employees must always be of sound mind, exhibit good judgment, and report to work fit for duty.
- This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, constant trunk rotation/bending, kneeling, squatting, and occasional lifting (up to 50 lbs).
- Some required uniform pieces are provided.