The Food and Beverage manager position is an integral part of the resort F&B team. They will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the front of house operations of Alto Kitchen and Bar, the T-bar, Greathall Day-lodge, Fireside Café and the Jackpine Pub. The Food and Beverage manager is an enthusiastic leader they will nurture both year-round and seasonal employees to create an above and beyond service team. This diverse position requires flexibility in your approach as the seasons change.
- Must excel in training, development, and leadership of 60 + employees during peak demand periods.
- Proven track record managing multiple budgets; responsible for revenue maximization , COG, Labour, controls and meeting contribution targets.
- Ensuring that all service standards are always kept high and met.
- Lead by example and develop a vibrant team that delivers industry best service and product quality at all times.
- Engage employees, encourage their ideas and act on them. Stimulate and develop positive morale and team spirit that will lead to high productivity
- Create and deliver Standard Operating Procedures and ensure that they are adhered to
- Work directly with our Resort Chef to ensure we are continually exceeding Health & Safety regulations as required by the Interior Health Board of British Columbia.
- Scheduling – Ensure schedules are written within the labour budget guidelines while maintaining adequate coverage in all areas.
- Develop and maintain a training schedule with the staff to ensure all are well versed in the business.
- Participate in staff training to increase business knowledge
- Work directly with our Risk Manager to ensure industry leading workplace safety standards are being consistently achieved.
- On-going review and programming of industry leading brand analysis, monitoring of vendor pricing, and utilizing vendor product sales.
- Regular pricing reviews on local, provincial, and national trends, paying particular attention to our local market.
- In conjunction with Senior Management, set an annual calendar highlighting timelines for planning, training, and programming.
- Participate in required operational meetings as directed.
- Perform weekly 1 on 1 meeting’s with your key direct reports.
- Work closely with Senior Management to achieve all revenue targets and Cost of Goods targets set out by our budget.
- As a leader, you will effectively communicate with all management, employees and guests.
- Ensure property, facilities and equipment remains in good repair and appearance.
- Make recommendations on replacement, additions or deletions of facilities and equipment when needed or economically justified.
- Maintain clean and orderly workplace. Develop and execute a plan for deep cleaning to promote clean work areas and preventative maintenance.
Special Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Serving It Right and Food Safe Level One certifications are required.
- Minimum (5) years management experience with proven track record of financial results.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy especially with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with F&B POS systems is essential.
- Knowledge of wine, beer, and related spirits is essential.
- Ability to lead through company mission, vision and values.
- Able to be on feet throughout a ten-hour day.
- Completion of secondary school should be required
- Diploma or degree in business management or tourism related field would be an asset