You will be responsible for Food & Beverage sales, cash-handling, light food preparation, bussing and customer service functions. You will strive to meet or exceed service and bill-time standards through exceptional customer service and accurate cash handling.
· Take and enter guest food & beverage orders in an accurate and timely manner.
· Perform all cash handling duties (opening, cash balancing, coin orders and closing).
· Clean and stock the dining area to provide a pleasant environment for our guests.
· Demonstrate a commitment to exceeding guests expectations on a daily basis.
· Provide information or assistance to guests (special events, conditions, locations, products).
· Perform related duties as requested by Supervisors and Managers.
· Participate in orientation, team meetings, regular cleaning, and season-end clean and close procedures.
· Work flexible shifts with varying hours, primarily working part time between 24 to 40 hours per week, weather permitting.
· Have a Serving it Right or other responsible service of liquor certificate.
· Have the ability to engage and serve our guests in a friendly manner.
· Have previous experience in a customer service and cash-handling role.
· Have previous food service or preparation experience – asset, not required.
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
· Are able to stand for extended periods of time and lift light objects.
· Can withstand brief exposure to extreme weather conditions (rain, snow, wind, cold) in a mountain environment.
· A staff season’s pass for the resort.
· Discounts on food, retail and hotels.
· Staff events – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Please apply with your resume.
We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship may be considered for seasonal roles.