You are a leader with a proven track record, who prioritizes guest experience, teamwork, and providing our guests with the best vacation and recreation experience possible. You will be responsible for the Retail locations on resort, ensuring a smooth, profitable and professional operation. This is a core year-round role.
· Hire, train, and lead a successful and enthusiastic team of Retail employees.
· Continually strive to exceed performance targets for sales, guest experience, speed and efficiency.
· Demonstrate financial growth through the development and execution of business planning, operating and capital budgets associated with the respective outlets.
· Establish targets, administer and track all labour costs, inventory control and management including COS and shrinkage within budgets and proactively communicate variances.
· Work with Head Purchaser to develop and administer a detailed buying plan and all aspects of inventory management including orders, receiving, invoicing, counts, adjustments, shrinkage, reporting, store transfers, warranty returns and special orders.
· Develop store promotions, manage product markdowns and effectively merchandise the retail outlets to maximize revenue and gross profit.
· Continually provide employees with clear feedback and performance reviews.
· Maintain the Point of Sale system to ensure accurate reporting is achieved.
· Pursue and develop industry opportunities to grow the business units.
· Represent Kicking Horse Mountain Resort to suppliers, sponsors and business representatives in a professional and ethical manner.
· Ensure information from management or resort is communicated effectively to team.
· Comply with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Have a minimum 3 years’ retail experience with 2 or more years of experience in a leadership role.
· Have a bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
· Have passion and enthusiasm for mountain culture, skiing /snowboarding, and the resort environment.
· Have a proven ability to meet deadlines and financial targets.
· Having experience in resort retail operations is an asset.
· Must have outgoing personality with excellent communication skills.
· Are very proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Are able to work flexible hours (weekends, holidays).
· May be exposed to severe weather conditions on resort (snow, cold, wind).
· Can travel (<10%), including overnight trips to tradeshows and/or conferences.
· A staff season’s pass for the resort and local mountains.
· Spousal and Family Passes, as well as discounted lift tickets for family & friends.
· Extended health benefits.
· Discounts on food, retail and hotels.
· Staff events – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Click here to apply today!