Location: Mount Washington Alpine Resort
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary Range: $40,000 – $48,000
Reports to: Director of Sports, Retail & Guest Services
To Apply: Please apply online at: https://hr.mountwashington.ca/
Do you have a passion for the outdoors? Do you appreciate quality outdoor sports clothes and equipment? Looking for a career that comes with a ‘powder’ clause? Come join our team!
To complement our world class, all season outdoor recreation facilities, Mount Washington Alpine Resort is proud to provide a superior 'boutique' retail experience to our guests. We operate four main outlets: Outdoor Elements, Raven Retail, the Demo Centre and the Rossignol Experience Centre. As the Retail Manager, you will oversee these daily operations. You will direct the purchasing and marketing of seasonal hard and soft goods, establish strategy for sales, and lead your staff to success.
We offer great benefits! Season’s pass, health & dental, Group RRSP, retail discounts and more. Please see our website for more information: https://hr.mountwashington.ca/
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven sales, merchandising and management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and comfortable engaging customers and co-workers
- Secondary school or higher education
- Must obtain your Serving It Right (SIR) certificate by start date
As the Retail Manager you will operate the retail businesses in the Alpine and Nordic lodges focusing on sales, product knowledge and customer service as follows.
- Direct purchasing and merchandising of hard and soft goods for winter products, soft goods related to mountain biking, as well as grocery and alcohol sales.
- Ensure availability of merchandise and services by maintaining inventories; manage the inventories for groceries and alcohol in conjunction with the Food & Beverage department’s Inventory & Purchasing Manager.
- Market merchandise through sales promotion, display plans, and re-merchandising throughout the season.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget and business plan, forecasting requirements, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Formulate pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities and determining additional sales promotions.
- Attend weekly operations meetings and provide updates and pertinent information on retail activities.
- Attend monthly supervisor and manager meetings.
- Maintain professional knowledge by scheduling and attending product knowledge sessions, reviewing professional publications, and establishing professional networks.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers to understand service requirements.
- Recruit, select, orient, train, schedule and assign employees; accomplish positive staff results by communicating job expectations.
- Plan, monitor, and appraise job results; coach, counsel, and discipline employees.
- Develop, coordinate and enforce systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Maintain clean and well-organized facilities.
- Assist with uniform purchasing.
- Ensure superior guest service standards by analyzing and resolving issues, identifying trends, and recommending system improvements.
Please apply online at: https://hr.mountwashington.ca/
Candidates wishing to pursue employment with Mount Washington Alpine Resort should exhibit the following traits and competencies:
- Business Acumen: ability to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance. Awareness of business issues, processes and outcomes as they impact the guest’s and the organization’s business needs.
- Improving Operations: ability and motivation to apply one’s knowledge and experience for improving upon current modes of operation within Mount Washington Alpine Resort.
- Leadership: has the desire to lead others, including diverse teams. Sets direction and operates in keeping with an understanding of the industry, political climate, market dynamics and business priorities of the company.
- Empowerment: ability to share responsibility with individuals and groups so that they have a deep sense of commitment and ownership.
- Change Management: ability to support a change initiative that has been mandated within the organization. Can provide the ongoing guidance and support that will maintain enthusiasm and commitment to the change process.
- Holding People Accountable: can set high standards of performance and holds team members, outside contractors, industry agencies, etc., accountable for results and actions.
- Communications: Openly communicates in an honest, persuasive and articulate manner.
- People Skills: Treats people fairly, with dignity and integrity, to promote commitment and productivity. Develops others by providing a supportive growth environment and by coaching and mentoring. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and works cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals.
- Relationships/Guest Focus: Seeks and builds internal/external relationships and collaborations. Brings excellence to internal or external guests by focusing efforts on discovering and meeting their needs. Delivers and trains customer service as described in the Above and Beyond
- Results Focus: Focuses efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the MWAR current and future business strategies.