Website RCR Inc. - Fernie Alpine Resort
Position: Manager Retail Rental Repair
Department: Retail /Rental
Location: Fernie Alpine Resort
Reporting to: Director of Retail Rental
Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc. is looking to fill the full-time year round position of Retail Rental Manager, at Ferine Alpine Resort. The ideal candidate will have previous Retail Rental Managerial experience, Customer Service experience and will be a team player. Come join our staff team and Experience the Ultimate.
- To ensure a safe, comfortable and friendly atmosphere for both guests and staff
- Demonstrate financial growth through the development and execution of planning, operating and capital budgets associated with Sports Alpine Boutique and the Rental Repair shop
- Prepare all reports required by the company and departmental controls to effectively manage the business
- Assist the Director of Retail Rental in the buying process for Fernie Alpine Resort
- Responsible to train, lead, and coach a successful and enthusiastic team of employees
- Develop store promotions, manage product markdowns and effectively merchandise the retail store
- Use and maintain the Point of Sale system in both locations, to ensure accurate reporting is achieved
- Perform all cash handling duties (opening, cash balancing, coin orders and closing)
- Ensure proactive communications with other key departments in resort
- Know, adhere and enforce the policies, rules and protocols outlined in the Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Employee Handbook
- Know, adhere and enforce all safe work procedures included in the Safety Management Program
- Know adhere and enforce all expectations of the Injury Management/Return-to-Work Programs
- To perform other tasks and duties that are applicable.
- A minimum 3-years’ previous management experience in a retail, rental, repairs environment
- Have knowledge of outdoor equipment, recreation, skis, snowboard, bike or related retail rental experience
- Have extensive experience in customer service with strength in operations and business processes
- A clean valid driving license is required
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability with an eye for detail required
- Must be physically capable and able to lift moderately heavy items, along with movements such as bending, stooping, kneeling when required, in addition to standing on feet for long periods of time
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Point of Sale (POS) applications required.
This is a full-time year-round role requiring flexibility to meet varying business demands including weekend shifts. RCR offers industry competitive compensation and benefits in a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this position, please apply online with your resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Kay Chesley, Director of Retail Rental
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Video applications are strongly recommended. Interviews will be conducted via Skype or Zoom.
Safety is No Accident
We are committed to an Occupational Health & Safety Program that protects all our employees and guests. Respect of, and active participation in resort protocols by all employees and visitors every day is necessary for the safety excellence that is expected.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com