Manning Park Resort (MPR) is seeking a creative and organized Retail Supervisor to join our dynamic and growing team and lead a growing division of our business. Working and playing in one of the crown jewels in BC’s provincial park system, the successful candidate will have an understanding of exceptional customer service, have an analytical ability to identify opportunities to create efficiencies and be involved in helping set the course for our growing Retail business. If you are interested in leaving your mark with us as we move into the next phase of our growth, then this is an exciting opportunity not to be missed.
Reporting to the Assistant General Manager, the Retail Supervisor’s primary role is to oversee the successful day-to-day operations of our Retail operations: includes year-round operation in our Country Store and seasonal operations in our Alpine and Nordic operations.
- Provide a safe, supportive and healthy environment for both staff and guests
- Ensures compliance while supporting staff in following and maintaining all policies, procedures and standards associated with MPR operations
- Facilitate ongoing training with continual development for all Retail team members
- Cultivate and maintain vendor relationships
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels appropriate for seasonal business volumes
- Comply with all MPR ordering and receiving policies and procedures
- Create schedules to meet operation needs while recognizing labour costs
- Ability to create “stories” and “fresh looks” through innovative merchandising techniques
- Maintain daily reporting and documentation procedures
- Complete and submit scheduled inventories with accuracy
- Perform various hands-on and administrative duties as required
- A strong retail background is preferred
- Current 'Serving it Right' certification is required
- Have excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Knowledge of Manning Park Resort an asset
- Excellent communication and supervisory skills
- Goal orientated with superior time management skills
- Excellent guest/customer service skills
- Previous cash handling and scheduling experience
- Strong team leader, with the ability to motivate and focus staff
This is a full-time position that starts as soon as possible. In addition to a competitive salary, will include on-site accommodation and company benefits after 3 months. For further information regarding Manning Park Resort please visit our website at www.manningpark.com to see if this opportunity suits your lifestyle and career goals. Apply with our online application.
Manning Park Resort is a 4-season, full-service family resort, located approximately 45 minutes east of Hope, BC. Located in iconic E.C. Manning Provincial Park, we offer downhill and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, camping, watersports, fishing, over 300km of hiking trails, mountain biking and much more.