Title: Retail Supervisor
Reports To: Financial Controller
As the Retail Supervisor, for Marmot Basin and Jasper SkyTram, you are an integral part of the Company image. Your strong leadership skills and retail experience will set the example for your team; while managing the department in accordance with company standards, working closely with management to achieve the store’s objectives and support the retail team.
Takes clear accountability for scheduling, training, and managing employees; while managing receipt of shipments, inventory levels, purchasing new products and placing replenishment orders as required.
The retail supervisor creates and manage schedules, staff training materials and store budgets.
Travel required to represent Marmot Basin and Jasper SkyTram at ski shows and gift shows annually to determine the latest potential products for sale at the stores.
The Retail Store Supervisor is an ambassador of customer service to staff and to customers, providing leadership and training in customer service best practices to the Retail team.
This is a full time, year-round role, five out of seven days per week.
Alberta Employment Standards regarding probationary periods apply.
- Motivate, encourage, and inspire your team.
- Plan for recruitment based on operational schedules; work with Human Resources to plan advertising and interviewing.
- Create staff schedules; ensure staff capabilities are coordinated and sufficient for both sites when they are operational.
- Provide training and support related to Workplace Health and Safety, WHMIS, WCB and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all staff meet the training requirements at both locations with accompanying training checklists with the end goal of becoming familiar with our POS operating system and to build extensive product knowledge.
- Ensure all Marmot Basin and Jasper SkyTram employees conduct themselves in compliance with Alberta Occupational Health and Safety legislation as it relates to their job.
- Ensure all Retail staff have a comprehensive understanding of clothing, ski and snowboard equipment including goggles, helmets, and souvenirs as mandated by our suppliers.
- Manage operations of retail stores
- Ensure cash control procedures are followed; check and reconcile at the end of day cash out.
- Monitor and improve sales performance and productivity.
- Analyze data to create sales and inventory management strategy.
- Process orders including purchasing, receiving, unpacking stock, pricing, and displaying stock after input into the POS system.
- Create store “first impressions” to reflect a sense of arrival to customers and encourage sales.
- Manage product display and store layout.
- Develop pricing strategies and discounts as required; consult with management when dealing with outdated merchandise, overstock/supply and inventory management.
- Review and approve bi-weekly payroll for staff.
- Establish store budgets and manage variances to ensure compliance with company guidelines.
- Manage sales projections and create orders.
- Schedule and audit inventory counts.
- Manage warranty claims, recalls, product alerts and stale products.
- Manage vendor relationships. Schedule annual and as required meetings with vendor representatives.
- Represent the companies at ski shows and gift shows.
- Respect and adhere to the company’s policies and procedures as set in the “Corporate Policies”, “Employee Handbook” and “Safety Operations and Retail Training Manuals”
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Strong retail and customer service skills and experience required.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, at busy times or when dealing with challenging customer service concerns.
- Strong computer skills with Excel, and reporting systems.
- Strong money handling skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Professional deportment with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proactive and takes initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Confident as a leader.
- Outgoing, energetic and an enthusiastic team player.
- Strong team member able to take and give direction.
- Motivated and observant; able to perceive needed tasks and complete them without direction.
- Self-aware; able to identify strengths and gaps in own abilities and training.
- Able to use taught skills and previous experience to problem solve.
- Trustworthy and capable of working unsupervised.
- Love of the mountains and the outdoors and a desire to live in the small community of Jasper.