Website Sea to Sky Gondola
Trail Crew Team Member
Hours Per Week: 30-40
Wage: $17.25 per hour (based on experience)
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our Team Members, and our Guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Trail Crew is responsible for brush cutting, chain sawing, seeding, and general maintenance and clean-up of all trails. They will also need to use hand tools as required and can expect to perform snow clearing duties in the winter. They utilize 4×4 tracked and rubber tire vehicles.
An equally important aspect of this position is acting as an Operations Generalist. Trail Crew Team Members will assist in the areas of guest services, lift operations, ticket scanning, guiding, litter pick-up, and general maintenance of the facilities as situations and needs arise.
• Do you enjoy working with your hands and keeping busy?
• Do you love working outdoors?
• Are proficient in the use of power tools?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• General maintenance and construction of the trails
• Safe operation of brush cutters, trimmers, chainsaws, and other tools
• Safe operation of side-by-side ATV, 4×4 trucks, and trail dumper
• Perform minor maintenance on power tools and vehicles while out in the field
• Inspect and maintain power tools and vehicles daily. Report any items that may be unsafe or needing
attention immediately to Supervisor
• The use of safe work practices and using required PPE is mandatory. Report any safety issues
immediately to Supervisor.
• Snow clearing in the winter, including the use of snowblowers, snow broom, and manual shoveling
• Interact with our guests in a cheerful and professional manner
• Be an expert. Ensure you are aware of our programs, products, and trails, and be able to respond to
guests’ questions or know how to get answers
Required Skills and Experience:
• Previous outdoor work experience is required
• Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 lb
• Able to complete repetitive physical tasks
• Functional knowledge of mountain operations an asset
• Driver’s License Class 5 is an asset
• 4×4 truck driving experience an asset
• First Aid certificate is an asset
• Experience/certification in the use of a chainsaw and/or brush cutting is preferred
• Must be a team player willing to assist all team members in any situation
• Must be able to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure
• Enjoy working outdoors and maintaining high service standards even during inclement weather conditions
• Criminal Record Check required
• Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 required
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Staff Accommodation is available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org