Website Sunshine Village
Why join us?
We work and play in Canada’s most beautiful playground, Banff National Park, and you can too. Sunshine Village is the premier ski resort in Western Canada. If you want to be part of making our guests’ ski experience unforgettable and think a winter season skiing and riding on the best powder in the Rockies would be great too, then read on for more information…
- FREE – Your staff pass is your ticket to ride Sunshine!
- Ski & Ride – Free days & discounts at resorts across Canada
- Staff Events – Staff parties, BBQs, spring night skiing, dog sledding, ice climbing & more
- Career – Recognition programs & Career development opportunities
- Wellness – discounted fitness passes, yoga, onsite support & professional support
- Onsite discounts – Food & beverage, retail, & hotel stays
- Exclusive deals – Brand-named gear & local businesses
- And much, much more!
What can you expect?
The Assistant Supervisor Security acts as the direct delegate for the Supervisor in many functions and detail of the position and ensures continuity of the Security program in the absence of a direct Superior. The Assistant Supervisor Security provides protection and surveillance to Sunshine Village guests, staff and property. The role is complex but has a basic common responsibility to observe, record, and report findings that are outside normal situations. The normal situations may include interactions with guests and staff, contractors, and visitors to Banff National Park- where Sunshine operates its business. As well, there are other situations where attention to detail and reporting requirements are increased, i.e. When dealing in issues involving the National Fire Code, the Criminal Code of Canada, and the Trespassers Act. The Shift Supervisor will act as an after hour mentor for all staff living and working outside the operating hours and may be contacted through the working Security individuals at any point.
This job might be right for you if you think you would really enjoy:
- Assist in functional roles associated with the operation of the department; including scheduling, payroll, liaising with other departments and groups,
- Provide safekeeping to guests and staff at any location within the Sunshine Village leasehold
- Co-ordinate emergency response during shift and after hour emergencies
- Respond to alarms and react appropriately with correct type and level of response
- Complete checks of the physical structures on the leasehold
- Observe, record and report findings that are not within the scope of Sunshine Policies and Procedures, Banff National Park and other more stringent regulations
- Keep a detailed and tidy notebook recording all persons, and observations of interest
- Generate formal reports to document findings in a timely manner
- Possess general understanding of National Building Code as it relates to Fire Safety and Security.
And you have:
- Must have completed Alberta Basic Security Training
- Must be 21 years of age or older with clean driving record- provide abstract
- Physically fit, reliable to work full time as part of a regular schedule, plus overtime when needed in higher level/ emergency situations.
- Strong interest in emergency response operations, including a valid Advanced First-Aid certification
- A desire to be part of a team that provides emergency response to the Sunshine Village community throughout regular shift work as well as after hour scenarios.
- Excellent judgment, and communication skill suitable to deescalate potentially serious situations with the public, guests, and staff members alike.
- Willingness to work a variety of winter working conditions; available for shift work (including evening shifts and on call) and willingness to stay overnight in duty room accommodation
- Practicable experience in report writing and computer knowledge
- Must be truthful, act with integrity, and communicate in a precise way to give and accept constructive feedback
- Must have a good attention to detail in all aspects of the role
- Attend and complete specific training programs, i.e. ProServe, ProTect, advanced first aid and Alberta Basic Security Training.
The Shift Supervisor Security will take charge and be designated as lead firefighter the Fire Crew team at Sunshine Village and will ensure all requirements are being fulfilled by all members.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org