You are responsible for ensuring a high level of security of Kicking Horse Mountain Resort facilities, as well as reporting on conditions during overnight hours. If you have a keen sense of detail, prioritize safety and are comfortable working extended night shifts alone, this job is for you!
- Report any unsafe conditions or potential security/health hazards.
- Perform hourly checks to ensure the security of KHMR facilities, grounds and other areas.
- Generate daily security reports.
- Monitor enunciator panels in KHMR facilities.
- Communicate with water/sewer personnel in the event of any incidents in that area.
- Communicate with the Manager on Duty (MOD) in the event of any incidents or concerns regarding security of the Resort and carry out KHMR Emergency Procedures.
- Conduct daily weather reporting and snow reporting (during winter months).
- Perform daily fuel counts and inventories.
- Perform pre-operating and safe operation checks for KHMR security vehicle.
- Act as internal resource through knowledge of KHMR Emergency Procedures.
- Be an advocate for health and safety, ensuring a clean and safe working environment.
- Be able to work flexible hours, including night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have a minimum of one year previous security experience.
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Hold a valid level 1 First Aid certification (or higher) and are physically capable of delivering basic first aid in the event of emergency.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Are able to provide a completed criminal background check.
- Must be physically able to access all areas on resort to conduct checks and necessary reporting.
- Are comfortable being exposed to severe weather conditions on resort.
- A staff season’s pass for the resort and local mountains, as well as a spousal or family pass.
- Discounts on family & friend lift tickets, food, retail, golf and hotels.
- Extended health benefits.
- An amazing work environment – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Please apply with your resume.
We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship will be considered for full-time year-round roles.
By joining RCR, you will become part of a passionate and dedicated team that works together to provide our guests with the best vacation and recreation experience possible.