Manning Park Resort, Holiday Trails RV Resorts (5) and Bridal Falls Waterpark make up our diverse company. We require a CPA with flexibility and attention to detail with outstanding organizational skills. Based at our Head Office in Rosedale, BC and Manning Park Resort; there will be some travel required.
The Sr. Accountant will report to the VP, Resort Operations but will have a strong link to the Manning Park Resort GM as well as the Owner(s); and will take a “hands on” approach for all the company’s accounting activities. The successful candidate will ensure compliance with industry accounting standards. Unquestionable integrity, good judgment skills and absolute discretion with confidential and sensitive information is a requirement for this role.
- Prepare monthly general ledger reconciliations, working paper files, and manage and co-ordinate monthly process for multiple locations,
- Payroll, AR, AP and all data entry and accounting related functions,
- GST/PST, government tax filings, and other statutory reporting,
- Budgeting, inventory and financial statement variance reporting,
- BC Parks - Park User Permit reporting; Association reporting – up to eight reports annually
- Year-end working paper preparation - liaise with external accountants,
- Reporting and analysis as needed and requested,
- Track and record intercompany transactions,
- Ensure compliance with established financial, legal, government and/or administrative requirements,
- Demonstrate tact and professionalism when dealing with sensitive files and information,
- Perform additional responsibilities, as requested
- Possesses or working towards an Accounting Designation – CPA (CGA, CA)
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient knowledge and hands on experience with QuickBooks (required)
- Experience with Ceridian Payroll system (asset)
- Highly organized, Analytical, Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- 3+ years in progressive accounting roles,
- Strong verbal/written communication skills; ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization
- Flexibility to work a variety of days/times as, on the rare occasion, there may be some evenings or weekends required to meet the needs of the business
Only candidates with confirmed authorization to work in Canada will be considered.