You have a passion for helping guests of all ages and abilities to develop their skiing and snowboarding skills. You also understand how to introduce skiing to new enthusiasts – and use your enthusiasm to convert them into repeat guests.
As a Ski and/or Snowboard Instructor, you create a safe, fun and unforgettable experience for every Baldy Mountain Resort guest. You achieve this through your positive attitude, strong communication and ability to establish a relationship with our guests, while providing an exceptional level of instruction and skill development.
As a Ski and/or Snowboard Instructor with Baldy Snow School, you will be reporting to the Snow School Supervisor.
Responsibilities - You will be required but not limited to:
- Present yourself as a professional, courteous representative of Baldy Mountain Resort Snow School.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Snow School Procedure Manual as well as Baldy Mountain Resort policies and procedures in both group, semi-private, and private lessons.
- Carry out non-teaching duties such as hill set-up, rental shop assistance, hill take-down, meet buses, organize school buses, organize school groups on arrival and check-in, etc, as assigned on main schedule.
- Deliver clear and concise lesson details and information.
- Assure the Alpine Responsibility Code is covered in ALL classes.
- Take guidance and leadership from Supervisor and Management Team in instructional and group settings.
- Assist Operations and Ski Patrol departments with duties as required (including but not limited to terrain maintenance, fencing, snow shoveling).
- Current certification with the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance, Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors, or Canadian Ski Coaches Federation.
- Strong guest service skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must be enthusiastic and bring a positive attitude to work.
- Ability to demonstrate the understanding of a “Team Player”.
- Experience dealing with children in an instructional setting considered an asset.
- The desire to develop and improve skills as a Skier/Snowboarder and as an instructor through training and personal development.
- Provide validation of current RCMP vulnerable sector check.
Please note that you are not required to be certified upon application, however certification is required prior to teaching first lesson.
- Be prepared to work in all weather conditions
- Must be prepared to be outdoors skiing/snowboarding every day
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 20lb occasionally
What’s in it for you?
Who doesn’t want to ski/ride for free (when schedule and volume requirements permit) and work with an amazing mountain team? If these perks appeal to you, it’s a match made in powder heaven.