Department: Outside Operations/Snow Safety
Reports to: Operations Manager, General Manager
General Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• To be responsible for skier, snowboarder & tuber safety.
• To sweep runs before and after opening each day.
• To ensure signage, fences and other safety is in place.
• To perform duties of Patroller
• To be actively involved in risk management in winter.
• To be aware of customer service and the importance of the guest experience.
• To be willing and available to assist in other department as needed.
• To read and comply with all Policies and Procedures as detailed in the staff handbook.
• Work with Terrain Park crew to ensure safety of features.
To ensure that Vista Ridge is a safe place for people to work and enjoy winter recreation.
The Ski Patroller should be CSPS certified, or equal. The ability to communicate well with co-workers and parents of guests is important. Skiing and or snowboarding skills are important. The Patroller must be comfortable and capable of operating a snowmobile. He or she must be able to work without supervision.
Employment from November to April inclusive, or a part there of depending on availability. Rate of remuneration $17.50/hr. depending on qualifications. Overtime will be paid after 44 hours per week.