SilverStar’s Mission Statement:
"Deliver memorable experiences, enhance people’s lives and have fun doing it"
SilverStar SnowSports School is currently accepting applications for the 2020-2021 Winter season. Our team thrive on working in the outdoors, love the mountains and are passionate about what they do. We are looking for applicants who share our passion, want to share this with our guests and make friends that will last a lifetime.
- Located in the heart of British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley
- SilverStar is the third largest ski resort in BC and voted “The Best in the Okanagan” for the past four seasons
- SilverStar SnowSports School is a renowned Centre of Excellence and offers a variety of teaching opportunities
- Ski-In/Ski-Out accommodation is available with our Staff Housing, located centrally in the main village
- Exceptional training sessions with experienced CSIA, CASI and CANSI Trainers, developing you to be ‘the best you can be’
- Generous “Family and Friends discounts within resort and for the POWDR Mountain Resorts and other resorts across Western Canada
- On mountain discounts at food and beverage, rental, and retail outlets
- Staff Trips and discounted lift tickets at a number of Western Canadian Resorts
- Teach programs offered in the Adult Centre, Kids Adventure Centre, local School Group Program and Specialty Programs
- Provide instruction to clients in both group and private lessons
- Have a knowledge of all our SnowSports programs, prices and lesson times, to enable you to assist guests
- You will communicate with our guests, both in writing and verbally as required
- Assist your colleagues ensuring all our SnowSports School activities are the safest they can be, for all staff and visitors to the resort's facilities
- Be involved in a wide range of special events on the mountain
- Attend all mandatory training sessions, to keep you safe and provide you with the tools you need to work at SilverStar.
- Instructors who are CSIA (Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance), CASI (Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors) or CANSI (Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors) certified or have equivalent certifications that are recognized to allow applicants to teach in Canada.
- A minimum one year's previous teaching or coaching experience
- Minimum CSIA, CASI or CANSI Level 1 Certification
- Especially interested in higher certified CSIA and CASI Level 3 and Level 4 Instructors
- Freestyle Certified Coaches to help deliver and develop Freestyle Programs
- Race Certified Coaches to help deliver our Race Programs
- Dual or multi-disciplined instructors to work a variety of programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The willingness to work with all ages
- Team players who can also work independently
- Required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check certificate upon arrival at SilverStar (valid within one year of your start date)
Type & Duration
Seasonal - Winter, 2020
SilverStar offers competitive wages, including a commission based incentive program and offers a renowned instructor training program that is second to none. The mountain is a great place to work for the season. The terrain provides a fantastic riding/skiing experience whether you are teaching or enjoying your days off. SilverStar certainly offers small friendly village charm but a big mountain experience!
- An instructor with a minimum of CSIA or CASI (or foreign equivalent) will earn a minimum of the entry wage of $14.60 to $35.00 per hour depending on certification and experience
- SnowSports instructors with additional relevant certification and/or experience are eligible for a higher rate of pay subject to validation of official documents in support of these items
- Staff Housing options are available for those interested located in the heart of the village.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please go to the following link: https://www.skisilverstar.com/careers/
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.