This is the best and most awesome hill to work at! Epic snow, epic terrain and we spend a lot of time making sure that we have an epic team of people to work with.
Nestled in the pristine wilderness of the Canadian Rockies, Powder King Resort offers the best of the great outdoors. This hidden gem boasts an amazing annual snowfall of 41 feet and terrain that ranges from breathtaking drops for the adventurous skier, to the gentle groomed slopes of beginner runs.
We have a full-time seasonal (November – April) career opportunity for the right person. The Powder King Team is in search of a certified Ski or Snowboard Instructor who, when not instructing, also works as a Rental Shop Technician to join our team. Wages depend on experience and training. We are looking for a highly skilled and committed individual who is able to provide guests with exemplary service when accessing the rental shop and safe, fun skill development in the lesson environment.
- maintain a professional attitude and represent Powder King Mountain Resort values
- adhere to the Alpine Responsibility code at all times,
- Wear proper assigned uniform.
- Immediately report any and all accidents/injuries during lessons to the Snowsports Manager.
- Provide safe, professional and fun instruction to students of all ages.
- Assist students to achieve their goal of improvement.
- Provides feedback to students or to students’ parents in regards to progress made in the lesson and what to work on next.
- Exceed expectations by going out of your way to assist all guests, being courteous, friendly and informative, ensuring the ultimate customer service experience on the mountain and in the repair shop.
- Answer guest inquiries and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Ensure rental forms are filled out properly and completely including signatures and dates.
- Assist guests with proper selection, fitting and adjustment of equipment.
- Notify Snowsports Manager if equipment is requiring repair or replacement.
- Works as part of a team to maintains the Rental Shop in clean & organized order.
- Carries out other related duties as assigned.
- Fosters an atmosphere of safety and co-operation, and promotes positive teamwork in the Rental Shop as well as in all other Powder King Mountain Resort locations.
Wages: Vary upon experience & level of certification. Higher levels, more experience, more money!
Qualifications: At minimum, a Level 1 instructor's certification through either/both the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance (CSIA) or Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors (CASI). Previous experience in ski/board instruction is preferred.
Please provide cover letter and resume ASAP to [email protected]