Silverstar's Mission Statement: "We bring people together to create magical experiences that make lasting memories"
SilverStar SnowSports School is currently accepting Full and Part Time applications for the 2019-2020 Winter season. Our team thrive on working in the outdoors, love the mountains and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build a career, we are waiting to hear from you!
- SilverStar Snowsports School offers a variety of teaching opportunities
- Ski in/out directly from the Staff Housing building - located right in the centre of the village
- Exceptional training
- Tailored Training from CSIA & CASI evaluators
- Discounts on food and beverage, rental, and retail
- A lucrative private lesson commission system
- In-resort, affordable staff housing
- Discounted lift tickets at a number of Western Resorts
What you will be doing as an Instructor at SilverStar
- Teaching all programs offered in the Adventure Centre, Adult Centre, School Group Program and Specialty Programs
- Provide instruction to clients in both private and group settings
- Assist in the monitoring and operation of all Snowsports School activities to ensure safety for all users of he resort's facilities
- Assist in coordination of special events on the mountain
- To be familiar with all Snowsports programs, prices and lesson times, in order to be a source of information to our guests
- To provide written and verbal communiation to our guests, when required
- To attend all mandatory training sessions
What we are looking for:
- CSIA (Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance), CASI (Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors) or CANSI certified or have equivalent certifications that are recognized to allow applicants to teach in Canada
- Minimum one year's teaching experience
- Level 3s and Level 4s in both CSIA and CASI
- Freestyle Coach
- Race Coach – to deliver our Race Academy
- Dual certified an asset
- Bring strong interpersonal skills
- Have good communication skills
- The willingness to work with all ages
- Are a team player but who can also work independently
- Required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check certificate upon arrival at SilverStar (valid within one year of your start date)
Rate of pay:
SilverStar offers competitive wages with a commission based incentive program, a renowned certification training program that is second to none and a great place to work for the season. Our mountain provides you with the best riding experience possible, whether it be on the groomers, the double black diamond runs on the backside or in our terrain park. Small friendly village, big mountain! An instructor with a minimum of CSIA or CASI (or foreign equivalent) will earn a minimum of the entry wage per level of certification as listed below. Snowsports instructors with additional relevant certification and/or experience are eligible for a higher rate of pay. This rate of pay will be calculated after review of the instructor certification, and additional relevant experience. This is subject to validation of official documents in support of these items.
Rates are from $13.85 to $35.00 per hour.
Staff Housing is available, located right in the village.