Cypress Mountain is currently looking for a new Grooming Manager to join our Team! The Grooming Manager is a working groomer who oversees the entire grooming operation, including all administrative duties, Team supervision, hiring, training and overall ultimate responsibility for the quality of the grooming product for the Downhill and Nordic areas. The Grooming Manager will work in conjunction with the Fleet Operations Manger to ensure all equipment is operated and maintained to the highest standard.
The Grooming manager will ensure the vehicles are operated in an efficient and cost effective manner. They will work closely the Mountain Operation Team (Snowmaking, Terrain Park, Lift Operations, Patrol) to meet the needs of the guests as directed by the Director of Mountain Operations & Fleet Manager.
Grooming of Cypress Mountain happens overnight and as such this is a graveyard position during the course of the winter season. The Grooming Department always strives to develop strong working relationships with all departments at Cypress Mountain.
- Lead grooming personnel in day to day activities to ensure safe and efficient operation of our grooming equipment
- Lead all personnel in established operational guidelines including, risk management, vehicle operation
- Provide the best on hill product for both Downhill and Nordic Areas consistently and under all weather conditions
- Complete performance reviews of Team and jointly determine areas of development and training requirements
- Communicate maintenance requirements of equipment to Fleet Operations Manager to ensure maximum efficiency and implement correction actions as required
- Supervise employees, including hiring and training as required, including performance evaluations
- Completes special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Valid Driver’s License (must meet all regulatory requirements to operate trucks and other equipment used)
- 5+ years of grooming experience on all equipment – Winch Cat, Free Groomer, Nordic Groomer, Park Groomer
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Computer literate with experience using MS Office and fleet management systems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding and oral/written communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50lbs
- Work shift work, holidays and overtime as required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Any applicable safety training is an asset (i.e. WHMIS, fall protection, First Aid)
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation to/from the mountain required
WHY CHOOSE CYPRESS?:
- FREE skiing/riding/cross country skiing/snowshoeing/snowtubing
- Food and retail discounts
- FREE lessons (when available)
- BEST local snow and terrain
- FUN and social work atmosphere
Please visit www.cypressmountain.com/employment to apply online.
We thank all applicants but only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.