Reports to: Outside Operations Manager
Hudson Bay Mountain Resort is a community focused ski resort located 20km west of Smithers in beautiful Northern British Columbia. In operation since 1969 Hudson Bay Mountain Resort offers over 300 acres of skiable terrain and over 500 meters of lift accessed vertical, offering a wide variety of terrain, for beginners, novice and advanced skiers and snowboarders.
The Snow Patrol team ensures the mountain is safe to operate by completing varying tasks. They administer first aid to injured guests/staff, monitors and maintain the safe conditions of ski runs and trails, perform lift evacuations and carry out search and rescue operation related duties.
- Administers first aid to injured guests and staff.
- Transports injured skiers from the mountain to the patient transfer station.
- Investigates and records accident details according to established procedures; including taking statements from witnesses and performing in depth accident investigations.
- Recognizes risk and sets up and maintains signage, fencing and boundary markers to minimize skiing hazards.
- Enforces skier responsibility code, issues warnings to and/or revokes lift passes from reckless or irresponsible skiers.
- Monitors lift operations to ensure safe conditions on the lifts and around the ski area.
- Follows established working procedures and ensures safe working conditions for himself/herself and the mountain safety staff.
- Has a thorough knowledge of company and department polices as stated in the Emergency Procedures and Safety Program manuals.
- Performs lift evacuations and assists search and rescue operations as required.
- Acts professionally at all time.
- Interacts positively with guests: Provides accurate information regarding lifts, runs, area facilities/services, operating hours and current events. Handles complaints and resolves situations in a courteous manner.
- Maintains current and up to date working knowledge of rope handling techniques.
- Transportation of injured guests by controlling a loaded toboggan on difficult terrain.
- Safely operates snowmobiles in accordance with Hudson Bay Mountain Resort procedures
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of first aid room, locker room and of all first aid supplies on the mountain.
- Advanced/Expertskiing ability
- Occupational First Aid Level 3 or Wilderness First *RESPONDERS*or Current Canadian Ski Patrol training
- High school graduate
- Must be able to ski every run/area of HBMR
- Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Good physical condition
- Experience in Ski Resort Patrol an asset
Job Type: Full-time, Seasonal