Discover, Develop, and Excel with WinSport:
Working with WinSport means you will be part of creating one of the most unique winter sport institutes in the world. You will be rubbing shoulders with athletes of all levels and disciplines, and you will be working in a world-class facility that showcases exceptional services to support our guests in training and maintaining an active lifestyle. You will thrive and be supported as you discover, develop and excel in your role at WinSport.
What the role is all about:
You have a knack for working with people of all ages and abilities, and a passion for helping people achieve their personal best. As a Snow School Instructor, you are a natural leader, you thrive in not just providing quality instruction but also in providing an unforgettably positive guest experience, both on and off the hill. You have a positive attitude, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and always put your customer’s safety and experiences first.
As a Snow School Instructor with WinSport Snow School, you will be reporting to the Team Lead and Program Manager, Snow School, while providing an exceptional level of instruction and customer care.
Responsibilities could include, but will not be limited to:
- Demonstrate skill with structure; perform duties in accordance with the Ski/Snowboard School Procedure Manual and understand all Ski/Snowboard products as well as WinSport policies and procedures
- Present yourself as a professional, courteous representative of WinSport, Canada Olympic Park and the Ski/Snowboard School
- Carry out non-teaching duties; hill set-up, rental shop assistance, hill take-down meet buses, organize school buses, organize school groups on arrival and check-in, etc, as assigned on main schedule
- Assist in the processing of programs, day camps and school groups before the lesson takes place
- Maintain class progress cards while encouraging the athletes to take the next step of lesson development
- Deliver clear and concise lesson details and information
- Demonstrate attention to detail; Maintain accurate class cards, including recording each child’s secure pick-up code for safety, and return to the Team Leads after the lesson
- Assure the Alpine Responsibility Code is covered in ALL classes and that this is documented on ALL class cards prior to the end of each class
- Take guidance and leadership from Supervisor, Team Leads in instructional and group settings
- Demonstrate a safe work practice at all times by adhering to all WinSport safety policy and procedures and ensuring one’s own safety is preserved along with the safety of co-workers, direct reports and WinSport guests
- Be mindful of all safety hazards/concerns within the work environment and ensure all safety issues are reported to the appropriate individuals
- Review all OH & S notices/meeting minutes as they are distributed or posted on OH & S boards located within all departments
- Current certification with the Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors/Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance or foreign equivalent.
- Up to date and current First Aid and CPR is an asset.
- High 5 certification is mandatory within first 3 months of employment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- NCCP certification is considered an asset
- Be prepared to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be healthy and prepared to be outdoors skiing/snowboarding every day.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 20lb occasionally
What We Can Offer You:
If an unforgettable experience and working alongside an amazing team weren't enough for you, as a member of the WinSport team you also receive the added benefits of enjoying a free park passes, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage, retail and program discounts, along with access to our Performance Training Center.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants please apply online at www.winsport.ca/jobs