Pass Powderkeg is hiring Snow School Instructors that will report to the Snow School Supervisor. The primary role of the Snow School Instructors is to provide professional ski or snowboard education and instruction based on the client’s capabilities. Instructors will be responsible for the experience of group participants while skiing or riding on the mountain. In order for this experience to be the best possible, Instructors must actively ensure that safety is paramount at all times, technical assistance is sound and personalized to the clients, genuine rapport with the client/s is established, each lesson is personalized and professional and an infectious passion for the sport is portrayed. Key Duties and Responsibilities 1. Motivate and encourage fellow Instructors
2. Maintain a high level of customer service
3. Attend morning meeting
4. Be punctual to lesson line-ups
5. Interact with students before lessons
6. Teach according to ability, age and stamina level of students
7. Use proper terrain and lesson plans for effective learning
8. Be able to assess students skiing or snowboarding abilities
9. Tailor each lesson based on the assessment and the students goals
10. Demonstrate correct skills for your class
11. Provide a fun and interactive learning environment that will exceed any client’s goals/ expectations
12. Recognize changing snow conditions and understand how they may affect your approach to class control while out on the mountain
13. Maintain a safe learning environment related to the student
14. Execution of emergency procedures in case of accidents, including accident report completion
15. Work in a team environment
16. Adhere to the Alpine Responsibility Code at all times and ensure group participants are aware and adhere to this as well.
17. Perform other duties as required (e.g. shoveling, snow fencing etc…)
18. Set an example in customer service and must have good knowledge of the services offered on the mountain and the fine details of the different products that are for sale through Pass Powderkeg
19. Perform related duties as required. Knowledge, Abilities and Skills 1. Intermediate to Expert skiing or riding abilities
2. Ability to demonstrate and explain intermediate skiing or riding to students.
3. Ability to assess and build lesson plans for individuals
4. Should possess some teaching or instructing experience Required Education and Experience First Aid certifications are an asset for all Positions at Pass Powderkeg.
This position requires the following minimum qualifications:
1. CASI or CSIA level 1 minimum
The following certifications are an asset:
1. CASI or CSIA level 2/3/4
2. CASI or CSIA Park Instructor
3. CFSA Club coach or higher
4. CSCF-Entry level Coach or higher
5. Interpretive Guides assoc - Apprentice or higher
6. Outdoor Council Canada - Field Leader – Winter
7. Current Standard first aid, CPR, and AED.