Snow School Instructor Level 3 or 4
Reporting to the Assistant Snow School Director (or designate) the snow school instructor is specifically responsible for the delivery of the on-snow instructional product. Wages are very industry competitive as are duties and lesson assignments. At Castle you will have opportunities you might not have in larger snow schools. Staff training may be part of your regular duties. Preference will be given to local candidates.
About Castle Mountain Resort
Nestled in the southwestern corner of Alberta, in the rugged and legendary Canadian Rockies, Castle is as authentic as it gets. Hard working, hospitable, and here for the powder is what we’re all about. With less than 200 employees we’re a small, passionate team of winter enthusiasts. Here, we’re all family and you will quickly find you are right at home. If this sounds like you, then we want you to join us.
Our resort is not owned or operated by a large ski conglomerate; rather by a bunch of local skiers and riders who are passionate about steep terrain and great snow. Operational decisions are made here (head office = the basement of the day lodge) and our long term direction is plotted by a group of passionate, volunteer directors who represent more than 200, predominately local shareholders.
More Info at: https://www.skicastle.ca/employment/
- At minimum CSIA Level 3 (Level 4 preferred) or International Equivalent or CASI Level 3-4
- Experience in an alpine resort similar to Castle Mountain
- Avalanche training preferred but not required.
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check is required as part of the hiring process
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work visa for Canada
- Understanding and delivering the snow school on snow product
- Assisting in operational support of resort operations as required
- Continually Improving own technical skills to better serve the client
- Provide Customer Service and Service Recovery
- Act as a guide and ambassador to the Castle Mountain Experience
- Other Duties as assigned and required to support resort operations
Start and End Dates:
Early December to early April