"Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime”
Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Start date: These positions start on approximately November 25th, 2019.
Status: Seasonal, full-time
Why you’ll love working in Ski and Snowboard School
• The largest ski and snowboard school in Canada – more than 1000 instructors from all over the world!
• State of the art facilities for teaching children
• Exceptional personal training opportunities with the best trainers in Canada
• Potential for earning more dollars than at any other ski school in the country
• Scholarship program for professional development
You will be responsible for providing a fun and memorable learning experience for children aged 3 -17 years old. You may also be required to teach adults at times as well.
Rate of pay: An instructor with a minimum of CSIA (Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance) or CASI (Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors) or foreign equivalent) Level 1 and one year of full-time teaching experience will earn a minimum of the entry wage per level of certification as listed below. Snow sport instructors with additional experience and/or certification are eligible for a higher rate of pay depending on additional relevant certification or experience they may have. Rate of pay will be calculated after review of your instructor certification, seasons of teaching and additional relevant experience. This is subject to validation of official documents in support of these items.
Level 1: $14.35/hour
Level 2: $17.85/hour
Level 3: $22.85/hour
Level 4: $29.65/hour
Location of work/Business Address: 4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, British Columbia V8E 0X9
What you’ll be doing:
• To continually strive to exceed our Guest’s expectations and to create memories for guests and staff as the best mountain experience again and again.
• To supervise a group of children for the day on Whistler or Blackcomb Mountain in a variety of activities including instruction, safety, lunch and special events.
• To perform morning registration and afternoon clean up duties as assigned.
• To be familiar with all Ski and Snowboard School programs, prices and lesson times, in order to be a source of information to our guests.
• To provide written and verbal communication on each child's day to their parents at the completion of each lesson.
• To follow the guidelines and safety rules as outlined in the Safety Manual
• To be responsible for the physical, mental and emotional needs of all children in your care
• To act as a prudent parent in the absence of the child's parent.
• To attend all mandatory training sessions.
• Minimum Level 1 CSIA or Level 1 CASI or foreign equivalent
• CSIA Teaching Children Module or foreign equivalent (strongly recommended)
• Minimum one full-time season instructing experience
• Previous experience working with children
• Ability to work independently
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to have a whole lot of fun!!!
• Demonstrating our Core Values; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, Have Fun.
• Required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check certificate upon check-in (valid within 18 months of your start date)
Language of work: English
• Ski Pass to Whistler Blackcomb and all Vail operated resorts for duration of employment
• Retail and Rental discounts at all Whistler Blackcomb operated Retail and Rental outlets
• Food & Beverage discounts at all eligible Whistler Blackcomb operated Food & Beverage outlets
• Staff Accommodation available on limited basis
• Access to numerous/daily training opportunities offered by Whistler Blackcomb Snow School/ Snow School Trainers to improve and build on instructor skills
Should you suffer an injury arising out of and in the course of employment at Whistler Blackcomb, and should the nature of the injury prevent you from executing the physical requirements of your regular duties, you will be assigned modified duties as per Whistler Blackcomb’s Return to Work Program. In the event that the injury is such that you are unable to undertake any modified duties, you may be eligible to receive wage loss benefits which are determined by WorkSafeBC.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! (www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb).
To apply, submit an online application to Whistler Blackcomb at https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/whistler/go/Whistler-Blackcomb-Jobs/3521600/.