Discover, Develop, and Excel with WinSport:
Working with WinSport means you will be part of creating one of the most unique winter sport institutes in the world. You will be rubbing shoulders with athletes of all levels and disciplines, and you will be working in a world-class facility that showcases exceptional services to support our guests in training and maintaining an active lifestyle. You will thrive and be supported as you discover, develop and excel in your role at WinSport.
You will be responsible for providing an exceptional snowboarding experience by tailoring programming specifically for your students. Being part of our team at Winsport means you will discover, develop, and excel in your role to deliver a world leading standard of service.
What the role is all about:
Instructors have a knack for working with people of all ages and abilities. They have a passion for helping students develop their skills and achieve their personal goals. As a Snowboarding Instructor, you must be a natural leader, and thrive in providing quality instruction and a positive guest experience, both on and off the hill. A positive attitude as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills are key traits within the role. The instructor always puts the customer’s safety and experiences first.
As a Snowboard Instructor with WinSport Snow School, you will directly report to the Team Lead and Program Manager, Snow School, while providing an exceptional level of instruction and customer care.
Responsibilities could include, but will not be limited to:
- Safely demonstrate skill with structure; perform duties in accordance with the Ski/Snowboard School Procedure Manual and understand all Ski/Snowboard products as well as WinSport policies and procedures
- Present yourself as a professional, courteous representative of WinSport, Canada Olympic Park and the Ski/Snowboard School
- Carry out non-teaching duties; hill set-up, rental shop assistance, hill take-down meet buses, organize school buses, organize school groups on arrival and check-in, etc., as assigned on main schedule
- Assist in the processing of programs, day camps and school groups before the lesson takes place
- Maintain class progress cards while encouraging the athletes to take the next step of lesson development
- Deliver clear and concise lesson details and information
- Demonstrate attention to detail; Maintain accurate class cards, including recording each child’s secure pick-up code for safety, and return to the Team Leads after the lesson
- Assure the Alpine Responsibility Code is covered in ALL classes and that this is documented on ALL class cards prior to the end of each class
- Take guidance and leadership from Supervisor, Team Leads in instructional and group settings
- Always demonstrate safe work practices by adhering to all WinSport safety policy and procedures and ensuring one’s own safety is preserved along with the safety of co-workers, direct reports and WinSport guests
- Be mindful of all safety hazards/concerns within the work environment and ensure all safety issues are reported to the appropriate individuals
- Review all OH & S notices/meeting minutes as they are distributed or posted on OH & S boards located within all departments
- Current certification with the Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors or foreign equivalent.
- Up to date and current First Aid and CPR is an asset
- High 5 certification is mandatory within first 3 months of employment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- NCCP certification is considered an asset
- Be prepared to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be healthy and prepared to be outdoors snowboarding every day.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull objects up to 20lb occasionally
PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE AT www.winsport.ca/jobs