Play while you work!
Join the Ski and Snowboard School Team at Big White and be a part of one of the largest programs in Western Canada. We offer a positive working environment, incentives, training programs that are second to none, and a guaranteed winter of great times working and playing on almost 3000 acres of patrolled terrain. Currently seeking CASI Level 2 (or equivalent) instructors who are able to work from approximately the beginning of December to early April. Full time, part time plus, and part time ski instructor positions are available, as well as a limited number of positions for people certified to teach both skiing and snowboarding.
To be considered all applicants must submit a resume with at least two references who can be contacted, and provide a copy of current certification(s). Previous ski instructing experience and experience working in organized settings are definite assets. Preference will be given to those who also have: 1. Course conducting certification; 2. Park and Pipe certification and are interested in coaching with our Freeride program. A recent criminal record check is required prior to starting the first day of work.
Safety awareness is very important. All snow pros must know and adhere to the Alpine Responsibility Code. While at Big White Ski Resort, the snow pro must always be aware of safety concerns for the staff, public and themselves. If unfamiliar with safety procedures, snow pros are expected to request their supervisor provide training.
- Ability to carry 40 lbs/18 kg while riding
- Ability to assist a fallen snowboarder back onto their feet
- Ability to lift 40 lbs/18 kg
- Ability to ski/ride for 6-7 hours a day
Applicants must have at least Level 2 certification to apply.
Salary range: $15.15/hr to $25/hr
Date posted: March 8, 2019
- Safety of clients and fellow workers. Work
in a safe manner.
- Plan, organize and conduct snowboard lessons in accordance with the
CASI standards and the Big White program
- Evaluate participants and complete achievement records.
- Ensure effective public relations, and problem solve as required.
- Work co-operatively and maintain ongoing communication with other program
- Take appropriate action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as
outlined in department policies and procedures.
- Each day, check Siriusware for schedules, updates and pay for previous days
– Current certification with C.A.S.I. (Level 2 Minimum - Preference given to Level 3)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
All instructors are required to:
- Teach and demonstrate quality lessons
- Teach any age or ability within your capacity
- Host various functions with and for our clients
- Attend training sessions to maintain a current level of proficiency
- Help to promote Ski & Board School programs
Criminal Records Checks
All employees are subject to criminal record checks at Big White. Due to the fact that we are all dealing and
working with children (defined as any persons 18 year of age or younger) on a
daily basis throughout the season, it is imperative that these checks are
done. It is the responsibility of the
employee to provide a current criminal record check.