The Snowcat Groomer is responsible for operating the grooming machine safely and efficiently to produce the highest quality skiing & snowboarding for MMC-Shames Mountain.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Respect and adherence to MMC-Shames Mountain’s company policies and protocols, as well as industry, provincial and federal standards.
- Good working knowledge of the Snowcats
- Perform pre start up inspections as per pre-established checklists
- Perform shut-down and post operational procedures including necessary documentation regarding machine maintenance
- Adhere to all company operating and maintenance procedures
- Ensure that buildings and lift terminals are kept clear of hazards and excess snow
- Create a high quality grooming product
- Regular quality control checks of the overall grooming product to ensure the highest standards are met
- Practice safe work procedures at all times
- Operate during designated hours set by the General Manager as to not interfere with resort operational hours
- Report all ski run hazards, both current and potential, to the patrol department by the designated time.
- Adhere to all work safe standards and protocols
- Assist the mechanic with maintenance on grooming equipment, where needed.
- Or any other duties that may be requested of you within your safety and comfort level.
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid BC Driver’s license and Clean Drivers Abstract
- Previous snow grooming experience preferred
- Mechanically inclined asset
- Ability to follow direction and work unsupervised
- Safety oriented
- Good physical condition
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to be a supportive team member
- Able to work varying shifts including graveyards
- Must be a skier/snowboarder
- Have access to own reliable transportation
- This is a Seasonal position from November to April
- Salary based upon experience.
- All employees receive a Season Pass and reciprocal discounts at other mountains