Job Title: Snowmaker
Location: North Vancouver
Department: Mountain Operations
Reports to: Snowmaking Supervisor
Role Status: Full time seasonal position that will require weekend and holiday work. Minimum 8-hour shifts, but may include a 12-hour shift schedule at some times.
Grouse Mountain offers a challenging and enjoyable work environment with a world of career opportunity. Our team is dedicated to Grouse Mountain's renowned excellence and its continued growth as Vancouver's premier mountain resort. In exchange for employee excellence, we offer a professional atmosphere, fantastic growth opportunities, unlimited outdoor recreation (including skiing and snowboarding) an inspiring setting and many unique employee privileges.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
• Coordinate with Pump and Compressor plant to ensure safe and efficient operation of snowmaking equipment.
• Regularly inspect and perform scheduled or unscheduled maintenance on snowmaking plant machinery or infrastructure.
• Contribute to team effort by assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintaining a friendly and positive attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
• Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by Snowmaking Manager and Senior Staff.
• Keep up to date on snowmaking technology and processes.
• Snow cat and Snowmobile operation required.
• All other duties as assigned
• Proficient understanding of the operation of Air/ Water, Fan, and Automated snowmaking equipment.
• High school diploma or trades certification; or two to three years related experience in electrical and/or mechanical fields.
• Ability to handle the physical aspect of on the hill snowmaking duties as needed.
• Ability to handle the physical aspect of the summer trail maintenance duties as needed.
• Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in a professional manner. Basic math skills are required.
• Strong computer skills required.
• Ability to solve practical problems in all conditions.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Valid driver's license. Must be able to obtain resort certification on any necessary equipment.
• Flexible work schedule in order to cope with unplanned changes due to weather, temperatures, and equipment.