Canyon Ski Resort is looking to fill a couple of Sous Chef positions. The Sous Chefs work with Head Chef in coordinating kitchen activity and delegating roles both in our winter ski season and summer wedding season. This includes various types of chefs who plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities and who prepare and cook meals and specialty foods.
- Certificate of Completion or Journeyman papers from an approved Culinary Institute
- 3-5 years’ experience in a high volume operation or similar role.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in menu planning.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to plan work schedules and assign duties; ability to provide or arrange for training.
- Ability to develop and test recipes and/or techniques for food preparation/presentation.
- Mentoring apprentices
- Skill in cooking and preparing a variety of foods.
- Ability to work in a Team environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in Hiring, training, and supervising the work of food and pastry production staff.
- Assists in planning menus for restaurant location considering customer base, popularity of various dishes, holidays, costs, and a wide variety of other factors.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of cooks, and other kitchen employees to ensure that food preparation is economical and technically correct.
- Conducts regular physical inventories of food supplies, and assesses projected needs.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles.
- Assets in developing and testing recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to ensure consistent high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control over all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Consults with Head Chef about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluates food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Ability to lift 11kg (25lbs) regularly.
- Must be able to push and pull equipment of various sizes and weights
- Must be able to kneel, bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
- Requires grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions, hearing ability and visual acuity.
Starting: December 1st
Wage: $20 per hour
Send resume to [email protected] .