The role of our Sous Chef is to prepare culinary delights for our guests and execute the menu in the T-Bar Pub & Grub and The Café. Guest satisfaction revolves around the food quality and appearance. Our cooks are encouraged to create their own daily specials and showcase their culinary skills. They will contribute to scheduling and ordering. They will also maintain stock rotation.
About Castle Mountain Resort
Nestled in the southwestern corner of Alberta, in the rugged and legendary Canadian Rockies, Castle is as authentic as it gets. Hard working, hospitable, and here for the powder is what we’re all about. With less than 200 employees we’re a small, passionate team of winter enthusiasts. Here, we’re all family and you will quickly find you are right at home. If this sounds like you, then we want you to join us.
Our resort is not owned or operated by a large ski conglomerate; rather by a bunch of local skiers and riders who are passionate about steep terrain and great snow. Operational decisions are made here (head office = the basement of the day lodge) and our long term direction is plotted by a group of passionate, volunteer directors who represent more than 200, predominately local shareholders.
More Info at: https://www.skicastle.ca/employment/
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with commercial equipment.
- The willingness to learn.
- Flex and adapt to the flow of business.
- Ability to work long shifts in a fast-paced environment.
- Comply with standards of service and assist in assuring the same for all kitchen associates.
- Assist in managing the daily operations.
- Participate in food preparation, produce a consistent product.
- Help control food waste.
- Ensure you are well groomed and ready to work on time.
- Ensure all food safe policies are followed.
- In conjunction with the Chef execute daily specials.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all front house associates.
- Maintain all cooler logs to ensure all fridges are working within the parameters of health guidelines.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Weekend, Evening and Overtime as required.
- This is a seasonal position Oct-Apr, with the possibility of extension for the right candidate.
- This is a remote location. Own vehicle and comfortable with winter driving may be required. Staff accommodation may be available, but is limited in our resort village.
- Castle Mountain Resort, Hwy 774, MD of Pincher Creek, Alberta
Please submit a cover letter and resume at skicastle.ca/employment