You work closely with the Chef to ensure food preparation and special events exceed guest expectations to provide the finest mountain dining experience. You have strong leadership skills and a keen sense of detail, ensuring that food presentation exceeds guests’ standards.
· Act as the leader in absence of the Chef, calling the line and communicating with Front of House staff.
· Assess any needs for preparation work or supplies prior to service.
· Ensure food is received, stored, handled and prepared in a hygienic and Food Safe compliant manner.
· Prepare, cook, and plate food to established quality and presentation standards.
· Participate and/or lead team meetings, and season start and end procedures.
· Assist with supervising and training kitchen staff.
· Assist with inventory and menu development as needed.
· Maintain effective communication through restaurant and with teammates.
· Ensure all cooks maintain a clean and safe work space at all times.
· Plan and develop catering events, wine dinners, and other special functions.
· Assist with other duties as assigned.
· Have minimum 3 years previous experience in a food preparation role in a professional dining establishment.
· Are a strong leader who consistently ensures food and presentation standards are maintained.
· Have a love of, and passion for, food and cooking.
· Are physically capable of lifting up to 30 lbs and performing manual labor, standing for prolonged periods.
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
· Have Food Safe or other food handling certification.
· Have a culinary background, education, or diploma - an asset.
· A staff season’s pass for the resort and local mountains.
· A competitive wage with seasonal accident insurance.
· Discounts on food, retail and hotels.
· Pro deals.
· Staff events – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Click here to apply today!
We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship may be considered for seasonal roles.