Sun Peaks Resort LLP
Sun Peaks Resort LLP
Work, Live and Play
Sun Peaks Resort LLP has proven to be one of the highest levels of guest service providers within the ski industry. We can promise you a memorable and gainful working experience within our high volume and challenging work environments. Sun Peaks Resort LLP has many benefits to offer our employees including:
- Full access Summer Alpine Hike and Downhill Bike season pass
- Employee access Golf Membership and discounted Golf Cart season pass
- Employee Health and Wellness Program including EFAP services
- Companywide discounts and benefit programs
- Eligibility to participate in our Peak Performer Recognition Program, awarded at the end of our summer season at a special planned event
- Reciprocal riding at other participating BC and Alberta bike parks
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of slopes including but not limited to: re-vegetation, clearing, brushing, maintaining run- off structures, signage, and improvements
- Cattle control (building and maintaining smooth wire fences, electric fences, gates, and cattle herding)
- General landscaping, maintenance and improvement of lawns, and general resort beautification
- Erosion control, hiking trail sign installation and maintenance, bike trail maintenance, and ski run sign maintenance
- Understand and work towards departmental and company goals, timelines, and objectives
- To assist other departments when required
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must be in good physical shape, able to undertake constant hard physical work, and able to safely lift heavy objects.
- Willing and prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Chainsaw, brush saw, and small equipment operator experience an asset.
- Previous trail crew or landscaping experience an asset.
- At least one season working for Sun Peaks Resort LLP, and employee in good standing required.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and clean abstract (we will require a consent form signed by applicant so
- abstract can be checked)
- Must be capable of working closely together with others in a strong team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Post secondary education in Horticulture, Environmental studies or related fields an asset.
- Must be dependable, responsible, and motivated, with a strong work ethic.
- Previous Wild Fire Suppression experience with valid S-100 certificate and OFA-1 as minimum an asset.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (weekends and holidays) as required by summer operating hours, special events and Fire Danger Rating.
- Supply own CSA approved above ankle footwear, sunscreen and appropriate clothing.
Enjoy the natural mountain environment and fresh air. Sun Peaks mountain is a smoke-free environment.
To apply for this job please visit sunpeaks.clearcompany.com.