Responsibilities are the key components listed below
- Responsible and accountable for operational effectiveness, content and delivery of the GAP product for the four (4) Snow School GAP Programs.
- Manage the staff training program of the GAP trainers, responsible to design a uniform approach to be used by all trainers.
- Develop the process for the delivery of the consistent information of the GAP product, on and off the slope
- Be the key interface with each of the owners of the GAP companies early fall to the completion of each winter program
- Represent Big White Snow School at all introduction meeting for the GAP arrivals
- Look to increase revenue opportunities within each GAP program
- Improve upon Big White Snow School staff (ski/snow board) training program for Adult and Kid Centre (KC)
- Design of the staff training program, improving on the Snow School instructors ability for teaching and delivery of our products
- Develop within the training program specialized training targeting the success rate of Big White Snow School staff on teaching and skiing/riding certification courses, provide a development plan for candidates
- Responsible for the scheduling of training staff working closely with the Assistant Snow School Director for the Big White Snow School training program. The TD will have to work in joint with the lead snowboard trainer to create the training programs for snowboarding
- Develop a small group of trainers specialized in training instructors in the Kids Centre
The Technical Director – reports directly to the Director of Mountain Sports.
- Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance (CSIA) level IV, Course Conductor certification
- Good working relationship with the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance & working knowledge with Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors practices and methodologies
- Strong understanding of Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance standards and content up to and including Level IV
- A strong customer service background with the ability to deliver an unsurpassed guest experience for visitors to Big White Ski Resort
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and strengths in innovation, energy, and results-orientation.
- Must be results oriented with ability to be very flexible
- Computer literacy (Opera, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Positive attitude and supportive, team based approach towards the attainment of the Snow School's goals.
- Excellent time management skill set
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- A college diploma or university degree is an asset
To Apply: Please email your cover letter, CV and references to [email protected]