Job Title: Groomer – Terrain Park
Location: Cypress Mountain Resort
6000 Cypress Bowl Road, West Vancouver, BC V7V 3N9
Department: Grooming department
Status: Seasonal Full Time
Reports To: Shift Supervisor/Grooming Manager
Work where you play… Join the dynamic team at Cypress Mountain, work in a world class facility and enjoy awesome terrain.
As part of the Operations Team the Terrain Park Groomer is responsible for the construction and maintenance of the terrain parks, terrain based learning areas and any other projects as assigned. They will assist in design in conjunction with the terrain park manager and grooming manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to the following):
● Follow established operational guidelines including, risk management, vehicle operation, feature placement and construction, overall park diversity
● Build and maintain terrain parks, terrain based learning areas and any other projects as assigned
● Perform a daily assessment of risk, feature inspections and perform daily maintenance as required
● Works directly with grooming team to accomplish all daily tasks/goals
● Perform safe transportation of snowmaking guns, rails and other Terrain Park features.
● Efficiently use time with machinery and tools
• Multiple years’ experience building terrain parks and terrain based learning areas
• Work outside in all weather conditions
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50lbs
• Work shift work, holidays and overtime as required
• Winch Cat operation, Half pipe building/cutting experience an asset
• Advanced snowboarding/skiing ability
• Experience working with major events/Photo Shoots an asset
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to legally work in Canada
• Any applicable safety training is an asset (i.e. WHMIS, Fall protection, First Aid)
• Driver’s license and reliable transportation required
• Wage: competitive compensation package – depending on experience
• Skiing/riding benefits
• Free Lessons (when available)
• Discounts in Cypress Creek Grill
• FUN work atmosphere in unique environment!
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with position title in the subject line. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.