Cypress Mountain is currently recruiting a Terrain Park Manager to join our Team. The Terrain Park Manager will be responsible for the Terrain Park(s) design and operations in adherence to the vision/strategy as set forth by the Cypress Mountain Senior leadership team. The Terrain Park Manager will ensure that the delivered product provides its users with an excellent guest experience which includes administering and implementing the policies and procedures as they relate to the Terrain Park(s).
The Terrain Park Manager will also ensure that the Terrain Park(s) are operated in an efficient and cost effective manner including the hiring, scheduling and related training of the Terrain Park Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to the following):
- Oversee design, build and maintenance of Terrain Park(s)
- Ensure that the Terrain Park(s) meet the needs of our Guests and follow the strategy as defined by the Cypress Mountain Senior leadership team
- Adherence to the Boyne Corporate Terrain Park guidelines and procedures (company-wide)
- Works closely with the Grooming Manager to manage available resources in the build and maintenance phases of each park
- Recruiting, hiring, training and supervision of the Terrain Park Team and key volunteers
- Develop open communication pathways and strive to develop strong working relationships with all related departments and Department Managers at Cypress Mountain
- Work with Snow School Management in the design, implementation and evaluation of Terrain Park based programming
- Ensure due diligence in both the construction and maintenance of parks with the intent of minimizing risk to the end user and minimizing liability to Cypress Mountain including development of policies and procedures as required
- Maintenance of official records and documents as required
- Ensure compliance with governmental laws, rules and regulations
- Ensure compliance with Worksafe BC rules and regulations and Cypress Mountain OH&S Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to and ensure compliance of the Department in regards to the Risk Management program and all aspects that pertain to the operation of the Terrain Park(s)
- In conjunction with the Cypress Mountain Marketing Department:
- work closely in organizing and executing events
- Service and maintain current relationships with sponsors and associated corporate sponsor agreements
- Support the Marketing Department for a Terrain Park marketing plan with content, video, photos including regular terrain park updates on current, new and upcoming additions, features and events
- Work with the Marketing Department in the promotion of Terrain Park specific programming
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to be a supportive team member and lead by example
- Advanced level ski/snowboard ability with an understanding of freestyle technique
- Ability to perform physical tasks as required
- Computer literate in Microsoft office based programs
- First Aid certification an asset
- Previous event experience an asset
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School or equivalent
- Employment experience in a Terrain Park
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Valid driver’s license and reliable, insured vehicle to get to/from the mountain
- Wage: depending on experience
WHY CHOOSE CYPRESS?
- FREE skiing, riding, cross country skiing, snowshoeing and snowtubing!
- Food and retail discounts
- FREE Lessons
- Great reciprocal discounts at other mountains
- BEST local snow and terrain
- FUN & social work atmosphere in unique winter environment!
Qualified candidates, please email resume with job position title in the subject line to [email protected].
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.