Castle Mountain Resort is currently looking for applicants to fill Trail Crew positions for the 2020/21 Winter season. Castle Mountain is a small, community resort with a big mountain feel. We are a hard-working team in an extraordinary environment. CMR's Mountain Safety provides an unmatched opportunity to train and prepare for future careers in the avalanche industry. Come be part of our small team!
Benefits of working at Castle Mountain Resort include:
- Opportunity for advancement into the Ski Patrol
- Paid training in November
- Pro purchase opportunities
- Equipment allowance and training stipends
- 50% discount on spouse passes available in first year, 100% on second year of return.
Duties for Trail Crew include, but are not limited to:
- Trail maintenance
- Snow farming
- Identifying hazards on hill
- Assisting on first-aid calls
- Other duties, as required
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials, and should have the following characteristics:
- Strong skiing ability and capable of skiing up to 40º slopes in icy conditions
- Physically fit and able to ski with heavy loads (15+ kgs)
- Comfortable working in challenging weather and big mountain conditions
- Strong team member able to take direction
- Trustworthy and capable of working unsupervised
- Professional, with a high value on customer service
- CAA AST 1 is an asset, but not required
- An advanced level first aid ticket (70+ hours; Industry, Pre-hospital, or Wilderness), is an asset, but not required
- A valid CPR-HCP level (re-certification provided during staff training), is an asset, but not required
Pro Pricing is available, but successful candidates will be expected to provide their own:
- Lightweight harness (or webbing), locking carabiner, and 30m rappel cord
- Skis, poles, boots
- Helmet and goggles
- Alpine touring or telemark gear, is an asset, but not required
Castle Mountain’s Mountain Safety Department provides:
- Helly Hansen jackets
- Helly Hansen pants
- Lightweight snow shovel
Starting pay for a Trail Crew is $15.40/hour and is commensurate with experience and certification. We are on a 5 on-2 off, 4 on-3 off schedule and a 9-hour workday. Overtime is paid for work outside of this.
Castle Mountain Resort, end of Highway 774, MD of Pincher Creek Alberta. This is a remote location. Limited Staff Accommodation may be available on-hill.
Period of Employment:
Tentative start date is early November 2020 with an end date in early April 2021. Please note this is a seasonal position.
Successful applicants will be contacted in mid-August to arrange a Skype interview for late in the month.