By joining RCR, you will become part of a passionate and dedicated team that works together to provide our guests with the best vacation and recreation experience possible.
Detailed Job Description
You will work closely with our Utilities team to assist with operating and monitoring the water and wastewater facilities to ensure a smooth operation which complies with applicable regulations. If you enjoy working with a fun team and love the mountain lifestyle, this job is for you!
- Operate water and wastewater facilities, including the distribution and collection systems.
- Monitor operations, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and permit criteria.
- Maintain operational records as required.
- Take samples and submit to laboratories as required.
- Conduct water and wastewater tests as necessary to ensure compliance and to evaluate efficiency of operations.
- Respond to emergency situations on an on-call basis:
- Be available for on-call, shared with the Utility Manager & Utility Operator.
- On-call compensation is set at $25/day for every day on-call.
- Provide support to the Utility Manager and Utility Operator on any projects as needed. These projects include: sign maintenance, real estate projects, mountain drainage, and plumbing.
- Be an advocate for health and safety, ensuring a clean and safe working environment.
- Be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, holidays and weekends and call-outs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Possess a certification in Wastewater/Water Distribution – an asset.
- Have previous experience operating heavy equipment – an asset.
- Have worked within the resort industry – an asset.
- Are physically capable of performing manual labor, lifting up to 50 lbs and working in all outdoor conditions.
- Are mechanically inclined and/or have carpentry/maintenance skills – an asset.
- Are reliable and have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- A staff season’s pass for the resort and local mountains.
- A competitive wage with extended health benefits.
- Discounts on food, retail, golf and hotels.
- Staff events – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Please apply with your resume.
We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship may be considered for seasonal roles.