Work in Jasper National Park (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), and Marmot Basin, the highest base elevation of any major Canadian ski area!
Marmot Basin is looking for a Journeyman Heavy Duty or Automotive Mechanic to fill the position of Vehicle Maintenance (VM) Mechanic, who will primarily be responsible for maintaining vehicles, snow cats, small engine equipment, tools, etc. This position will also assist with the supervision and training of apprentices, completing work orders, inventory management, shop upkeep, and the proper use of fuel dispensing equipment.
The Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic must possess the following:
- Journeyman Certification as a Heavy Equipment Technician (preferred) or Automotive Service Technician
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with Air Endorsement Certificate (preferred)
- Any other specialized training in hydraulics, electrical, etc.
- Ski industry experience is an asset
- Knowledge of risk management principles
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labour
We offer an attractive wage and benefits package. This is a full-time, year-round position.
To view the complete job description and to apply, please visit: https://www.skimarmot.com/careers/.