The Web & Social Media Coordinator will focus on social media, website, and related promotional activities within the MWHS Marketing Department. This position is responsible for content creation and sharing on social media, managing the website, assisting in the creation of Powder News newsletter, and uploading and archiving of photography materials, communication with media and marketing agencies as necessary. Cultivate strong professional and customer relationships to drive sales and help achieve company sales and customer service targets. Additional tasks may include blog entries and minor photography and graphic design work.
Function & Tasks
- Assist with the sales of winter and summer products and services
- Create and execute social media activities plan and monitor in a timely and professional manner. Monitor, boost and comment actively on relevant posts
- Participate in planning, coordinating, and monitoring digital marketing campaigns conducted by third-party contractors on behalf of MWHS
- Graphic design - create and, when outsourced, coordinate timely and quality design, production, and distribution of marketing materials.
- Analyze and monitor the Internet and Intranet sites
- Maintain performance reports for social media platforms, websites, and search stats
- Manage all content, including video and images for wiegele.com, including pdf downloads, procedure changes, new media publications, employment page updates, News/Events, and similar
- Weekly uploads of Photos of the Week image gallery to the website (winter)
- Google alerts; monitor any electronic (internet) activity involving MWHS or anything marketing related to the heli-ski industry. Action accordingly
- Staff Intranet – change content as necessary, load images/video, add/remove member accounts, liaison with HR
- Create Powder News in collaboration with Guest Relations and Sales department; edit, execute, and monitor on a regular basis, and update subscription lists
- Assist Sales Representatives with marketing material and publicity of sales events through social media channels
- Participate in Crisis Communications as outlined in the Crisis Communications Plan
- Photography – occasionally capture, edit, and store relevant photography for publishing on social media and printed brochures. Coordinate contracted photographers when applicable
- Photo library – maintenance of the library, including tagging, filing, and backups. Update annual photo list related to the Marketing Plan
- Video – occasionally create, edit, and publish content for social media channels
- Blog writing – in collaboration with Guest Relations & Sales department, capture content that is relevant to the Marketing messages and publish on social media and website
- Manage Brand Value and Brand Assets: including strengthening the MWHS brand through storytelling and ensuring all brand assets are correctly and consistently represented across all Company social media channels and websites
- May be called upon to perform other duties comparable to the above, as the above describes only the primary duties of the job
- Full-time position on-site at the head office in Blue River. During the summer season some off-site remote work may be negotiated
- Minimum 2 years experience in social media content creation and distribution
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite programs including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator will be considered an asset
- Experience with, and knowledge of social media resources, procedures, and best practices.
- Strong focus on sales
- Knowledge of marketing
- Ability to work with precision, organization, and accuracy
- Attributes include creativity, self-motivated, and positive self-image
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of, and/or experience in the ski industry is an asset
Benefits of Employment
- Subsidized fully furnished staff accommodation in a private room or suite from $500 per month (depending on housing preference and availability).
- Extended Health/Dental/Insurances offered after 3 months
- Fitness center
- Staff rate for on-site massage therapy
- Family and friends discounts
- Opportunities to ski for free (Heli-Skiing and at nearby resorts)
- Complimentary recreation opportunities such as cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, canoeing, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, and hiking
- In-house training and development programs prior to season start
- Volunteer opportunities within the community
- Discounted rates at various hotels in Kamloops, Jasper, and Vernon
- Staff meal plan
- 30-40% off retail items in our world-class boutique
- Guaranteed adventure!
Compensation: commensurate with experience.