About the company
From small beginnings in the 1990s, CanaDream has grown into one of the largest RV rental and sales companies in Canada. The company’s leadership position has been achieved through a combination of investments in experienced and well-trained staff at all locations, proprietary technology and continual investment, upgrading and maintenance of its systems and RV fleet. In 2017, CanaDream became part of the Apollo Tourism & Leisure Group of companies.
While CanaDream is based in Canada, its fleet of approximately 1000 RVs can be seen on the road throughout both Canada and the United States. RV Guest and Sales locations can be found in cities offering an incredible variety of natural experiences and include Calgary and Edmonton (Alberta), Vancouver (British Columbia), Whitehorse (Yukon), Toronto (Ontario), Montreal (Quebec) and Halifax (Nova Scotia).
CanaDream’s team members work hard and have fun and CanaDream offers competitive wages, bonus, growth opportunities, staff discounts, an apprenticeship program, education assistance and comprehensive training.
Please visit our website for more information - www.canadream.com and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.
Our Whitehorse location is a choice location for Guests who are seeking adventures and looking to explore the wildlife, mountains, lakes and the great outdoor experiences of Yukon.
About the role
This position is made for individuals who are not afraid of the spotlight and take pride in delivering outstanding Guest experiences. They are energized by the adrenaline rush of working in a fast-paced environment and connecting and building rapport with Guests from different parts of the world.
Our team members are the driving force behind our success stories and champions of creating the best experiences possible for Guests and Customers, and it’s our goal to foster a supportive and collaborative environment that honors the contributions of each member. We do this through:
- First class training, coaching and mentoring opportunities;
- Promptly recognizing and acting on suggestions and feedback from staff at all levels;
- Utilizing people friendly and innovative technology;
- Being very supportive of each other and aligning our goals;
- Giving all employees the resources and support they require to thrive.
You will do well in this position if you:
- Love the Yukon and have great management and scheduling skills
- Are a servant leader who motivates, connects and involves team members
- Are results oriented and have a drive for excellent Guest and Customer service
- Have a passion for working collaboratively & efficiently, sharing ideas and contributing to the positive experiences of Guests
- Enjoy working in a transparent and supportive environment where workers’ input is valued
- Enjoy interacting with people and helping them achieve their goals
- Are organized, self-motivated, punctual, and reliable
The Station Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operation of the station. He/she must possess robust leadership skills, high personal and professional standards, be a hands-on leader and have a solid knowledge of RV New and Used, Finance and Fixed operations. A “servant leadership” style and willingness to commit to established processes and procedures are required.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the day to day leadership and execution drive for the Service, Guest Services, and Preparations departments
- Create a sense of ownership by providing clear expectations, control of resources, responsibilities, and coaching; offering assistance without removing responsibility
- Make management decisions in line with CanaDream’s policies, procedures and other relevant guidelines to ensure consistency
- Assume responsibility for overall performance, profitability, growth, direction and success of the station
- Determine staffing requirements and participate in the hiring, deploying, disciplining and terminating of staff members
- Ensure staff are scheduled according to station needs and budgetary requirements
- Enforce training as implemented by head office – actively coach staff to continuously improve their skills and contribution to CanaDream
- Distribute companywide communications to applicable staff in a timely manner
- Teach and coach staff to “think” how can we make things better for our Guests, Customers and for CanaDream
- Motivate, instill a sense of pride and ensure that all staff perform their role with an attitude of “It’s our pleasure and we are happy to!”
- Robust and proven leadership skills
- Self directed and results oriented
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- 3-5 plus years of experience in business operations
- Excellent planning, analytical and forecasting skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relations with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolves problems and make decisions that enhance the organization’s effectiveness
- Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external Guests and Customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organization parameters
- Excellent organizational, strategic planning and implementation skills
- Detailed oriented and the ability to follow through
Join our team and get started on a long and rewarding career. If you are someone who enjoys working in a company that values integrity, truth, and ongoing self-improvement, we would love to hear from you. This position is open to individuals who are willing to relocate to Whitehorse. We offer the opportunity to rent our condominium property consisting of 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms for a reasonable amount.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Racquel Daley at [email protected]