Discover, Develop, and Excel with WinSport:
Working with WinSport means you will be part of creating one of the most unique winter sport institutes in the world. You will be rubbing shoulders with athletes of all levels and disciplines, and you will be working in a world-class facility that showcases exceptional services to support our guests in training and maintaining an active lifestyle. You will thrive and be supported as you discover, develop and excel in your role at WinSport.
What the role is all about:
As a Mountain Bike Instructor, you will provide a safe, engaging, and effective lesson to students of all ages. You will spend the week guiding your group through the bike park while progressing and refining important riding skills on XC, Enduro and Freeride terrain. Our programs focus on all aspects of Mountain Biking to develop strong riding fundamentals. Along with this you will instill growth in your student’s riding development and allow them to build confidence, resiliency, self-leadership, and respect.
This position is required to work from June 5, 2022 to September 3, 2022.
- Provide exciting, positive, and safe camp experience
- Lead the group of riders through skill development
- Provide group supervision and management
- Cooperate with guests, staff, and volunteers in a respectful and supportive manner
- Maintain a safe environment for all participants by exemplifying safe behavior
- Encouraging return visits and attendance to lessons from students by promoting the skill progression
- Taking guidance and leadership from Supervisor, Team Leads in instructional and group settings
- Demonstrate a safe work practice at all times by adhering to all WinSport safety policy and procedures and ensuring one’s own safety is preserved along with the safety of co-workers, direct reports and WinSport guests
- Other duties as assigned
- Up to date and current First Aid and CPR is mandatory
- NCCP Certification is considered an asset
- High Five Certification is considered an asset
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Must be enthusiastic and bring a positive attitude to work
- Background and enthusiasm for the sport of Mountain Biking
- Experience dealing with children in an instructional setting
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills as a mountain biker and as an instructor
- PMBIA certification is highly recommended
- Ability to work outside for long periods of time
- The job is frequently expected to lift, carry, push or pull objects
- Ability to participate in sporting activities
- Maintain a high level of energy throughout the day
What We Can Offer You:
If an unforgettable experience and working alongside an amazing team weren’t enough for you, as a member of the WinSport team you also receive the added benefits of enjoying a free park passes, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage, retail and program discounts, along with access to our Performance Training Center.
To apply for this job please visit www.winsport.ca.