Scope of Position
The Haig Glacier Camp is a Summer-on-Snow training facility for Nordic Sports. The groomed track is roughly five kilometers in length and sits on the Haig glacier, which is a forty-five-minute hike above the three permanent buildings that make up the kitchen and living quarters. Accessible by helicopter, the Haig camp is located 45 minutes from Canmore, Alberta.
The Haig Camp Attendant is responsible for a variety of duties in relation to the operations of the Camp and Glacier. This position is based at the Bill Warren Training Centre in Canmore, but the daily shifts take place at the Camp itself, located in Kananaskis Country. The typical work schedule is two weeks in Camp and one week off. This position is seasonal, starting in June and ending in September.
- First aid and CPR certifications (required)
- Food safe certification (online course)
- Knowledge of Nordic sport requirements is an asset – grooming and track setting
- Remote camp, food preparation and facility experience
- Experience in mountain and glacial environments
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintenance and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work with others in a team setting
- Basic knowledge of systems (plumbing, solar, electrical, propane) as well as general computer knowledge is an asset
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- Able to respond to inquiries and problems as they arise
- Work can be indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions
- Can be physically demanding at times
- Work will be performed in a variety of areas and buildings
- Evenings and weekends will be required
- Exposure to Hazardous Material, bending and lifting will be required
To apply for this job please visit www.winsport.ca.