Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is the Champagne Powder Capital of Canada. From steep and gnarly chutes to fast and fun glades and furious groomers, the on snow experience at Kicking Horse is exceptional. Nowhere else can you ride a single gondola almost 4000ft. right to the summit and drop straight into the goods. Our clients are as varied as our terrain: locals, weekend warriors and homeowners from Calgary, and destination guests from all over Canada, the Americas and Europe.
· Be responsible for the Winter Sports School booking desk area, methods and training of Desk Agents.
· Maintain Paradocs point-of-sale system to ensure accurate reporting.
· Deliver effective instructor scheduling; assist the Lead Instructors in determining daily staffing needs.
· Ensure day-to-day activities and ticket sales are documented.
· Champion all products and services sold through the Winter Sports School, promoting other experiences and products available at the resort.
· Perform cash-out duties.
· Respond to in person, email and phone inquiries.
· Verify daily and weekly departmental time sheets and commissions are accurate and payroll is completed in a timely manner.
· Ensure purchases for department follow KHMR procedures and are within budget.
· Bring forth ideas to improve procedures to meet the department’s objectives.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Are committed to safety, teamwork and cooperation.
· Have previous professional work experience in a customer / guest service role.
· Have an outgoing personality with excellent communication skills.
· Are highly proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Have previous experience with scheduling or timesheet procedures.
· Preferably have previous ski or snowboarding instructor experience.
· Have previous cash-handling experience and proficiency with Point-of-Sale (POS) systems.
· Possess a strong passion and enthusiasm for mountain culture, skiing /snowboarding, and resort environment.
· Are able to provide a criminal background check.
· Must be able to work flexible hours.
· Are comfortable working in a standard office environment.
· Are able to withstand severe weather conditions on resort (snow, cold, wind, altitude).
· A staff season’s pass for the resort and local mountains.
· Discounts on food, rentals, retail and hotels.
· Staff events – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Please apply with your resume.
We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship may be considered for seasonal roles.
Application Video: We like to meet all of our candidates in person, but understand that this is difficult for non-locals. We would love to see a brief (≥60 seconds), creative video outlining your thoughts and experience with safety, teamwork, and guest experience. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, with the link to your video included in your resume or cover letter. Please note that video applications are not mandatory, but will help you stand out amongst the thousands of resumes we receive annually!