POSITION: ZipTour Guide
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, ZipTour Operations
LOCATION: Mount Washington ZipTour Centre
STATUS: Seasonal full-time & part-time positions available.
WHY THE ZIPTOUR AT MT. WASHINGTON ALPINE RESORT?
We seek enthusiastic, hard-working, and reliable individuals to join our team as ZipTour Guides.
We bring adventure and awareness of the natural environment to beautiful mountains of Mt. Washington Alpine Resort, the best alpine office on Vancouver Island. It’s not just a job but a lifestyle that provides you with a great environment to work, live and explore.
WHO ARE YOU?
A person with integrity! We put an enormous amount of time into training and developing our team. In return, we rely on them show up and deliver the experience we’re known for.
A Tree Hugger! You're a nature enthusiast with a keen interest in environmental stewardship.
Safety Focused! You understand safety and minimizing risk is our #1 priority - fun is a close second!
A Natural Storyteller! With your winning personality and distinctive flair for telling stories, you’ll entertain and educate our guests, guided by the natural step.
A positive individual with an incredible zest for life! You’re outgoing and genuinely like helping people. You’re stoked about being active outside, no matter the weather!
Strong! Doing physical work outdoors for up to 10 hours while delivering highly interactive tour requires strength and energy.
You will engage our guests with integrity and passion by providing exceptional guest service. You exhibit professional leadership characteristics, interact with guests in an upbeat, positive and friendly manner while providing an experience that is educational and exhilarating.
Demonstrate technical mastery of all ZipTour equipment, rigging and course infrastructure.
Ensure that tours are timely, safe and enjoyable for every guest. Identify and manage risk and help maintain a clean work environment.
During a typical day, ZipTour Guides will take guests on zipline journeys while enriching their understanding of the local environment. The goal is to create confidence with guests while inspiring change.
Hours are variable and include evenings and weekends. Guides usually work two to three trips a day, with three trips being the maximum. Trips are approximately three hours in length and guides are expected to be on site and ready 1/2 hour before their first trip of the day and up to 1/2 after their last trip of the day (mandatory for ancillary activities both pre and post tour). All shifts are subject to demand, confirmed either the evening prior. Based on interest and skill set, additional work may be available in other areas of the resort.
- Guide ZipTours for guests of all ages and abilities.
- Act as an ambassador for Mount Washington and the Industry as a whole.
- Assist in other department operations when required.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the staff locker room.
- Assist the Course Lead Hand and Attendant in course and equipment maintenance as and when needed.
This is a basic outline of day-to-day responsibilities. Adjustments will be made if necessary, to reflect the needs and expectations of the Mt. Washington Alpine Resort management team:
- Be the ‘face’ of the resort and a point of contact for guests.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of in-house departments and products.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Adventurous, comfortable with heights, and competent in performing emergency procedures.
- Excellent people skills – competent, friendly, and upbeat.
- Organized, responsible, dependable, self-motivated, and attentive to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work outdoors in varied weather conditions.
- Be quick to learn and self-motivate as well as possess the ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment.
- Schedule flexibility a definite asset.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be a team player and able to work without supervision.
- Strong guest service skills are a requirement.
- Ability to maintain a physical position that requires grasping, standing, repetitive motions, lifting, listening as well as hearing ability, and visual acuity.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- First Aid certification is an asset.
- Previous experience leading groups, public speaking, or guiding.
- Experience working at heights, understanding the concept of mandatory safety at heights.
- Strong understanding of risk management is a must have.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Mount Washington Alpine Resort at all times.