Website Cypress Mountain
Work Where You Love Play
Work where you play… Join the dynamic team at Cypress Mountain, work in a world-class facility and enjoy the most terrain on the North Shore!
As operations at Cypress Mountain grow, so does our Team. The Electrical Department is excited to add 2 additional roles to the roster. As part of the Operations Team, Electricians are responsible for the installation, repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of our electrical infrastructure including power distribution, lift system, snowmaking, buildings and other utilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to the following):
• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications
• Test/troubleshoot and repair electrical and electronic equipment and components
• Install, test, repair low voltage, PLC, panel installations, transformers, motors/controls and other applications
• Work in conjunction with the lift operations team in operations and maintenance of the Lift system.
• Any other work as assigned
• Supervision of non-trade personnel
• Interprovincial Certified (Red Seal) Electrician (preferred)
• Passenger Ropeways, Snowmaking systems experience an asset
• Knowledge and diagnostic skills on motor controls, PLCS and AC/DC drives
• Knowledge and understanding of the Canadian Electric Code
• Knowledge of high voltage circuitry and protection devices
• Working at heights (on trail lighting, chairlift towers)
• Work outside in all weather conditions
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50lbs
• Work shift work, holidays and overtime as required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to legally work in Canada
• Any applicable safety training is an asset (i.e. WHMIS, Fall protection)
• Driver’s license and reliable transportation required
• Wage: competitive compensation package – depending on experience
• Benefits package including extended health/dental/life insurance
• Season end bonus (both winter and summer seasons)
• Skiing/riding benefits
• Free Lessons
• Discounts in Retail
• Discounts in F&B
• FUN work atmosphere in unique environment!
Visit www.cypressmountain.com/positions to apply online.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.cypressmountain.com.