Website Sunshine Village
The Hotel Manager is in a visible leadership role, providing an outstanding experience for guests by overseeing the general operations of the Resort’s slope side hotel. This role ensures guest needs and expectations are surpassed when visiting the Sunshine Mountain Lodge. The Manager effectively directs the work of the Sunshine Mountain Lodge departments: Front Desk, Bell Desk, and Housekeeping. The Hotel Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer and liaises frequently with other Resort departments, vendors, the Resort’s primary food and beverage contractor, and other contracted personnel.
- Undertaking and ensuring the hotel service delivery program and goals are planned, organized, and timely, to exceed guest expectations. Routinely inspecting all areas of the Sunshine Mountain Lodge (including luggage transfer and the Bourgeau Base Area check-in), responding to on-the-spot needs and directing corrective actions, where required.
- Leading by example, taking a positive, professional, active role when required by participating in work performed by Supervisors in responsible areas, along with overseeing and managing actions of employees in those departments.
- Recruiting and training a high-performing team(s).
- Continually promoting the company’s exceptional guest service philosophy, and maintaining current, up-to-date knowledge of hotel and lodging industry standards and best practices.
- Working closely with the Sunshine Mountain Lodge Food and Beverage Manager to oversee effective service.
- Working closely and in conjunction with the Reservations Supervisor and customer service teams to book, manage, and modify, when necessary, guest stays.
- Inspecting and executing quality building maintenance of the hotel and its immediate grounds (inside and outside). This should be performed by internal staff, external contractors, and the Resort’s
- Facilities departments, but primary responsibility rests with the Hotel Manager.
- Creating and implementing an ongoing professional Quality Initiative, including a written Plan, Assurance System, and Control/Monitoring/Corrective Action. Work with the supervisors and staff to understand the Initiative and its components to assure consistent results.
- Administrative and Reporting Responsibilities:
- Managing profit targets, budgets, inventory, supplies, staffing, project work, cost controls. Participating in financial analysis and reviews, including reviewing statements, occupancy, revenues.
- Ensuring documentation is completed in a timely manner e.g., scheduled reports, employee training, preventative maintenance records, incident reports, certifications, permits.
- Policy and procedure development, aligned with guidance from experience at the Resort and in the resort management industry, and legal and insurance requirements.
- Maintain effective schedules to meet business needs and alter staffing levels accordingly
- Ensure tasks and assignments are properly allocated to reporting departments, and others.
- Be involved, where required, in payroll, coaching, mentoring, department performance appraisals, hiring, corrective action, terminations, incident investigation, and inspections.
- Being able to effectively manage guest recovery, resulting in positive outcomes for all parties.
- Regular communication and updates to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Previous experience in a senior, high-end hotel leadership role (3-5 years preferred).
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel Management or similar program
- Proven ability to lead a team, be self-motivated, and work effectively individually or in a team.
- Ability to effectively navigate Microsoft Office suite of products e.g., Sharepoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PMS Maestro or similar reservations/guest management database programs.
- Professional communication skills, problem-solving and etiquette, suited to a high-end hotel.
- Prepared to work flexible schedules e.g., weekends, holidays, nights, extended hours.
- This role is required to live on mountain, for minimum 5 days per week.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com